Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Points required to enter Auz??

Points required to enter Auz??

Old Feb 10th 2004, 6:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

jacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud of
Cool Points required to enter Auz??

Can anyone tell me - if for your visa you need 110 points to get accepted to move to Auz - if you get 115 points are u more likely to be accepted than someone with 110 points?
Or are you both treated equally as having 110 points and above.

My thought behind this is that is it worth getting another 5 points making the Auz investment??
Old Feb 10th 2004, 7:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute

I thought you needed 115 points? (Unless my brain has rotten away since I last looked into it all).
If you put the capital investment in your application, they will only take it if you wouldn't get the points otherwise, so it is a "buffer". You will get the money back after a year, plus interest.
Old Feb 10th 2004, 7:15 pm
Moomin member

peppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nice
Default Re: Points required to enter Auz??

Originally posted by jacknscoob
Can anyone tell me - if for your visa you need 110 points to get accepted to move to Auz - if you get 115 points are u more likely to be accepted than someone with 110 points?
Or are you both treated equally as having 110 points and above.

My thought behind this is that is it worth getting another 5 points making the Auz investment??
Im assuming you are going on a sponsored skilled application..my answer would be ..no I shouldnt think(and I could well be corrected ) they treat you any differently if you pay the money for an extra 5 points you dont need...
Im going for the same application... i can get either 115 0r 125 depending on wether they accept the recent employment experience or not...but If I'd only just made it to the 110...theres no way Id have given the investment for 5 that wasnt required...I think people only do that as a last resort if they absolutely have to...think about it... your going to need that money in the first year...
Old Feb 10th 2004, 7:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute

you can borrow against it though... it is seen as a secure investment.