Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Points on licence

Points on licence

Old Jan 29th 2006, 7:57 pm
Sam
here and staying

Sam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond repute
Default Points on licence

Alan was wondering (only because he's got 6 already and a possible 3 more) :scared:

If your points from a UK licence transfers to a Oz licence,

Or

can he start all over again when we get there
Old Jan 29th 2006, 7:58 pm

Scotty123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Points on licence

lol quite the driver is he :P
Old Jan 29th 2006, 8:01 pm
s**t rolls down hill

sparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by alan and sam
Alan was wondering (only because he's got 6 already and a possible 3 more) :scared:

Or

my understanding is that you get a clean sheet once more. however maybe he should think about easing his foot of the accelerator a bit
proud of my clean licence
Old Jan 29th 2006, 8:02 pm
Sam
here and staying

Sam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sparks124
my understanding is that you get a clean sheet once more. however maybe he should think about easing his foot of the accelerator a bit
proud of my clean licence

me too really pi**es him off
Old Jan 29th 2006, 8:17 pm
There is no "U" in Qantas

MisterTwo is just really niceMisterTwo is just really niceMisterTwo is just really niceMisterTwo is just really niceMisterTwo is just really niceMisterTwo is just really niceMisterTwo is just really niceMisterTwo is just really niceMisterTwo is just really nice

me too really pi**es him off
It is even worse in Oz for speed cameras - perhaps he should invest in a sat-nav and have the speed cameras downloaded. That is what I have done. I have a clean licence in the UK (despite being banned twice previously - learned my lesson now) I managed to gain 6 points in two days whilst on my Visa Validation trip last year. Bear in mind that speed cameras are hidden in Australia as they are used as a revenue earner and not as a deterrent to speed.
Old Jan 29th 2006, 8:23 pm
s**t rolls down hill

sparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by MisterTwo
It is even worse in Oz for speed cameras - perhaps he should invest in a sat-nav and have the speed cameras downloaded. That is what I have done. I have a clean licence in the UK (despite being banned twice previously - learned my lesson now) I managed to gain 6 points in two days whilst on my Visa Validation trip last year. Bear in mind that speed cameras are hidden in Australia as they are used as a revenue earner and not as a deterrent to speed.
six points in two days :scared:, your not a German by the name of Micheal are you???
Old Jan 29th 2006, 8:30 pm
There is no "U" in Qantas

MisterTwo is just really niceMisterTwo is just really niceMisterTwo is just really niceMisterTwo is just really niceMisterTwo is just really niceMisterTwo is just really niceMisterTwo is just really niceMisterTwo is just really niceMisterTwo is just really nice

Originally Posted by sparks124
six points in two days :scared:, your not a German by the name of Micheal are you???
No, fraid not - I'm an Argi by the name of Fangio!!

Annoying really as it was on the same road but different cameras, once on the Sunday and once on the Monday. As soon as I apply for a Driving Licence in Victoria I reckon they will be on it. They even sent the notice to the UK!!

I was doing 95 in an 80!
Old Jan 29th 2006, 8:48 pm
Sam
here and staying

No, fraid not - I'm an Argi by the name of Fangio!!

Annoying really as it was on the same road but different cameras, once on the Sunday and once on the Monday. As soon as I apply for a Driving Licence in Victoria I reckon they will be on it. They even sent the notice to the UK!!

I was doing 95 in an 80!

holy shit

perhaps i should fit a block of wood under the acelerater peddle, so he can only go so fast!
Old Jan 30th 2006, 5:09 am
Going for a ride

furkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond repute

Thats probably the reason that OZ drivers are so bad (or at least thats the impression you get reading the forums)

They are spending more time looking out for speed camera's than actually concentrating on the roads

Old Jan 30th 2006, 7:27 am
Banned

232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute

The Sat Nav option doesn't work with the mobile cameras and tehy are all over the place - fortunately local radio broadcasts their locations. We use the cruise control a hell of a lot to make sure we don't creep over the limit - or at least too far over lol.
Old Jan 30th 2006, 8:00 am
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

i keep hearing that aussie drivers are bad
however this wasn`t what i found when iv`e been to Aus
did 6000 kms on our last trip and i found it easier than driving in the UK

may be its because i`m used to driving in Manchester's city center

my opinion anyway

regards Steve
Old Jan 30th 2006, 8:02 am
karma? You make your own!

adriang has a brilliant futureadriang has a brilliant futureadriang has a brilliant futureadriang has a brilliant futureadriang has a brilliant futureadriang has a brilliant futureadriang has a brilliant future

Does this vary from state to state? I've heard, and seen they are particulaly bad in NSW. (The 'double points on a bank holiday' banners are a nice touch!).

Personally I'm more concerned about being clocked on 2 wheel's than on 4.
Old Jan 30th 2006, 1:48 pm
Sharks out of the Pool

mick_newcastle has a reputation beyond reputemick_newcastle has a reputation beyond reputemick_newcastle has a reputation beyond reputemick_newcastle has a reputation beyond reputemick_newcastle has a reputation beyond reputemick_newcastle has a reputation beyond reputemick_newcastle has a reputation beyond reputemick_newcastle has a reputation beyond reputemick_newcastle has a reputation beyond reputemick_newcastle has a reputation beyond reputemick_newcastle has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Re: Points on licence

Or

Have you looked into the possibility of an International driving licence ?

A friend of mine who has emmigrated says he is going to get one of these over in AUs-
It gives you the added advantage of when you return to the UK you can get caught speeding etc.. and only have to pay fines as points arent transferable!

Could be worth a thought - but since I have a spotlessly clean licence - not even a parking ticket - no worries there!
Old Jan 30th 2006, 3:53 pm
Enjoy it while you can

Chick Flick is just really niceChick Flick is just really niceChick Flick is just really niceChick Flick is just really niceChick Flick is just really niceChick Flick is just really niceChick Flick is just really niceChick Flick is just really niceChick Flick is just really niceChick Flick is just really niceChick Flick is just really nice

holy shit

perhaps i should fit a block of wood under the acelerater peddle, so he can only go so fast!
LOL