Reload this Page >

Points? Job offer? Help!!!

Wikiposts

Points? Job offer? Help!!!

Old May 28th 2003, 8:54 am
Forum Regular

Itchyfeet is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Points? Job offer? Help!!!

Anyone know of the best routes to take to obtain a job offer for a Carpenter/Joiner.
We are currently on the brink of posting our application for NZ. We are aware that we will fall short of points unless my husband gets a job offer. Plan B would be to go on a Work to Residence Visa, but would feel safer with the job offer on the application.
Can anyone help? Feeling the stress levels rising and this is just another thing to worry about!
Old May 28th 2003, 9:31 am
Forum Regular

millertime is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Joiner - NZ

Hi there.

My brother in law, his wife and little boy went over to NZ about 18mths ago on a visitors visa. He is a joiner and he got work within the week. He had contacted loads of companys prior to going over trying to secure work but all said the same - once you are nere come and see me as there is work.
They had a 2 yr work visa within the week and are now in the process of applying for residency. (Is this what you call the work to residency visa?). They have never come across any problems.

He has recently left the company he has been working for and set up sub contracting.

Hope this helps!

We are planning on going over on a WHV later this year in a hope to extend to work visa etc.

Where and when are you planning on going?
Old May 28th 2003, 9:45 am
Forum Regular

Itchyfeet is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Joiner - NZ

Thanks for that!
All just a bit worrying - such a big decision to uproot your family.

Hope to go sometime in the first half of next year. Not sure where yet, although work will determine that to a certain extent.
Have friends who moved to Auckland last August (North Shore), and could stay with them til we get sorted i think.

Appreciate the reply - gives us hope!
Old May 28th 2003, 9:55 am
Forum Regular

millertime is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Good Luck

Hope all works out well for you - whichever way you decide to do it! i am off to to start a thread now as wondering if we are taking too much of a gamble!

Being a joiner you will have no bother - it seems to be such good trade to have for both Australia and NZ.