Reload this Page >

Points for job offer ?

Points for job offer ?

Old May 24th 2002, 1:23 pm
Forum Regular

iancurtis is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Points for job offer ?

Hi,

I know you can get 10 points for having a job offer that is on the MODL but do you get anything for an offer of a job that is not on the MODL ?

Also, What happens if your assessment is in a job not on the MODL but you have an offer of a job that is listed on the MODL ?

Thanks.
Old May 24th 2002, 2:18 pm
Ex Mod (2002-2005)

ptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Points for job offer ?

Interesting question. While I know NZ and Canada award bonus points based on job offers (regardless how in-demand they are), I would have thought Australia does the same.

However, an examination of the Form 47sk and the Migration Booklet indicates that that is not the case. At least, it does not directly address the scenario where one has a job offer that is not on the MODL (which, by the way, can change at any time).

Very clearly, the Booklet states: 10 points for MODL with job offer, 5 points for MODL without job offer. And it seems like this is only applicable for MODL related occupations. So I would infer from this that a non-MODL job offer gets you nothing?
Old May 26th 2002, 4:20 am
George Lombard

Hi Peter,

You are becoming a bit of an expert

You are right that the only job offer points are those for MODL skills.

However, having a job offer means that you can effectively determine the date of your
migration, since the employer can undertake a subclass 457 sponsorship as long as
they are prepared to pay the relevant minimum salary of A$34075. If you have not
lodged your pr application you would then have the choice of an ENS application or a
normal skilled application depending on the circumstances...

Cheers

George Lombard

www.austimmigration.com.au

ptlabs wrote in message <[email protected]>...
    >Interesting question. While I know NZ and Canada award bonus points based on job
    >offers (regardless how in-demand they are), I would have thought Australia does
    >the same.
    >
    >However, an examination of the Form 47sk and the Migration Booklet indicates that
    >that is not the case. At least, it does not directly address the scenario where one
    >has a job offer that is not on the MODL (which, by the way, can change at any time).
    >
    >Very clearly, the Booklet states: 10 points for MODL with job offer, 5 points for
    >MODL without job offer. And it seems like this is only applicable for MODL related
    >occupations. So I would infer from this that a non-MODL job offer gets you nothing?
    >
    >
    >
    >--
    >Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old May 26th 2002, 4:46 am
Ex Mod (2002-2005)

ptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by George Lombard
Hi Peter,
You are becoming a bit of an expert
Hi George,

It helps to have a copy of the Migration Booklet. And I believe most information that is needed can be found if one just opened one's eyes and read the DIMIA website, the Skills Assessing Authorities' websites, the application forms themselves and the Migration Booklet.

Of course, professional help from agents like yourself certainly should ease things along the way, but sometimes it's still good to know things firsthand.

BTW, thanks for the compliment (I hope it is one!)

cheers,
peter
Old May 29th 2002, 11:20 am
Jaj

>On 24 May 2002 14:20:53 GMT, iancurtis <[email protected]> wrote:

>Hi,
    >
    >I know you can get 10 points for having a job offer that is on the MODL but do you
    >get anything for an offer of a job that is not on the MODL ?

No points for a non-MODL job offer. The only roundabout way (if the points are
important) is to get sponsored for a 457 and apply for migration after obtaining 6
months skilled work experience in Australia, which gives you 5 bonus points.

>
    >Also, What happens if your assessment is in a job not on the MODL but you have an
    >offer of a job that is listed on the MODL ?

As far as I know, your nominated occupation (and assessment) must be on the MODL.

Jeremy