Reload this Page >

Points for English... Ha?

Points for English... Ha?

Old Sep 28th 2002, 6:59 am
Just Joined

shakey_jakey is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Points for English... Ha?

Hi all,

Just a bit of streams of consciousness from a professional wanderer!

First, I cannot help but raising the simple of issue of whether some people on this site should be granted the maximum score for English in the in their applications for migration.

I find it quite disturbing that many of the messages, posted by I presume British people, are totally incomprehensible! In some new form of Brit-speak...

It makes me wonder whether the Oz authorites should allow all Brits to get an additional five points score for being educated in a foreign language, and perhaps make it mandatory for them to write the exam non-English speaking people have, to also assess their English abilities!

Bit scary, when you consider the fact that English originated from the shores of that little island in the middle of the North Sea!

I just hope when I eventually get down under I won't need a translator to understand all you Brits I have the pleasure of meeting.

On the other hand, I feel it is only justified to mention that I did live in your wonderful country seven years, studied in London, and strangely enough think you are all CRAZY for wanting to migrate to Australia, or anywhere, for that matter!

I don't want to sound too negative, but suspect that most of you will be sorry after some time that you packed for Perth! Just think, many of you will have to go back to a real school to learn to write, read, and speak proper English, so other people, including the Australians, will be able to understand you without having to resort to translators!

Any suggestions for using an English on this site, at least, that we can all understand!

Happy migration to you all!

Shakey_Jakey
Old Sep 28th 2002, 2:26 pm
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Points for English... Ha?

Got any particular post in mind?!
Old Sep 28th 2002, 7:01 pm
Forum Regular

jkpake is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Points for English... Ha?

Originally posted by shakey_jakey:
Hi all,

Just a bit of streams of consciousness from a professional wanderer!

First, I cannot help but raising the simple of issue of whether some people on this site should be granted the maximum score for English in the in their applications for migration.

I find it quite disturbing that many of the messages, posted by I presume British people, are totally incomprehensible! In some new form of Brit-speak...

It makes me wonder whether the Oz authorites should allow all Brits to get an additional five points score for being educated in a foreign language, and perhaps make it mandatory for them to write the exam non-English speaking people have, to also assess their English abilities!

Bit scary, when you consider the fact that English originated from the shores of that little island in the middle of the North Sea!

I just hope when I eventually get down under I won't need a translator to understand all you Brits I have the pleasure of meeting.

On the other hand, I feel it is only justified to mention that I did live in your wonderful country seven years, studied in London, and strangely enough think you are all CRAZY for wanting to migrate to Australia, or anywhere, for that matter!

I don't want to sound too negative, but suspect that most of you will be sorry after some time that you packed for Perth! Just think, many of you will have to go back to a real school to learn to write, read, and speak proper English, so other people, including the Australians, will be able to understand you without having to resort to translators!

Any suggestions for using an English on this site, at least, that we can all understand!

Happy migration to you all!

Shakey_Jakey
Shakey jakey u need to get out more (an english term) as u are sad for noticing all of this. Why do u have a problem with what is said on these forums?, all i have noticed about the text is that it is written in "slang terms".

Don't get to worked up over nothing, u should be supporting everyone on this site instead of laying criticism on certain memers.