Old Jun 8th 2004, 8:28 pm
I don't re Member

andrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Points

Curious re: points to get Ozzie visa.
Last time I checked you need 115.
I can get 110.
Is it worth me going ahead as the paperwork seems to indicate that 75 - 115 gets considered.
I presume all 115s get in and they work down if there is spaces?
Am I wrong or just deperate?
Appreciate your help.

Andrew
Old Jun 8th 2004, 8:43 pm
Forum Regular

bcl74 is on a distinguished road

I think you will find that the points have went up to 120, but depending on your trade/skill south australia might be your only option
Brian
Old Jun 8th 2004, 8:49 pm
Up The Arse!!

wengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Points

Originally posted by andrew63
Curious re: points to get Ozzie visa.
Last time I checked you need 115.
I can get 110.
Is it worth me going ahead as the paperwork seems to indicate that 75 - 115 gets considered.
I presume all 115s get in and they work down if there is spaces?
Am I wrong or just deperate?
Appreciate your help.

Andrew
have a good look through here.

http://www.gomatilda.com/news/article.cfm?articleid=298
Old Jun 8th 2004, 8:50 pm
Rushwood, Thornlands, QLD

Boomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of light

The Latest News on the Increased Skilled Visa Pass Mark ...

Author: Alan Collett
Date: Friday, April 02, 2004

Further to our news story of yesterday when we advised of the increase in the skilled independent visa pass mark, we can now advise our understanding of the position to be as follows:

- The increased pass mark of 120 points will only apply to Skilled - Independent visa applications (subclass number 136). It does not apply to the Skilled - Australian Sponsored visa category (subclass number 138), where the pass mark will remain at 110 points.

- The increased pass mark applies to applications lodged on or after Wednesday the 14th of April, 2004. Skilled Independent visa applications received prior to this date will be assessed against a pass mark of 115 points.

- Applications that are lodged on or after the 14th of April, 2004 will be "pooled" for 2 years if they do not attain the new pass mark of 120 points, with the applicant's details entered onto the Skills Matching database. To obtain a permanent residency visa, such applicants will require either a lowering of the pass mark in the future to the points attained by the applicant, or nomination by a State/Territory Government or an employer.

- The points to be attained by applicants for the new regional skilled visa have not yet been confirmed; we now believe the pass mark for this new visa may be 110 points and not 115 noted in our news item of yesterday - confirmation from the Department of Immigration is awaited.

- Confirmation is awaited of what constitutes a "regional area" for the purpose of the new regional skilled visa. However, the areas noted at the weblink below are likely to be a reasonable guide.

Clearly the increase in the points pass mark will have a significant impact on those who have already embarked on the skills assessment process but who are unable to lodge their visa application before the 14th of this month (for example because the skills assessment classification is not yet available, or because the applicant is waiting to attain sufficient recent work experience). If you are such a person you should consider whether you can look at an application for a State Nomination, or you should await further details concerning the new regional skilled visas, which we believe will be available in a matter of days.

Presently only SA, VIC, and TAS operate a system of State Nomination - more information regarding the occupations that are of interest to these State Governments is here.

Finally, we should say that formal confirmation of these changes via the Department of Immigration's website is awaited at the time of preparing this news item; we will post more details here as soon as we know of them.

Weblink: http://www.immi.gov.au/migration/skilled/regional.htm

this is from gomatilda site...... hope it helps

love boomie
xx