Old Jan 7th 2003, 1:06 pm
Just Joined

FIONA DAVIS is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Points

We are serious about emmigration, but with two small childlings area making do with what little freetime we have to do as much research....know how it is?

We want to apply under the general skilled migration category,
but only score 105. hubby is 42 and this mostly knocks us down. No famaily out there either.

We have finances, and I have maybe 5 points to be awarded (up to 110), as I fulfil basics - 30 years old, have degree in English Literature and worked for a Blue chip pharamceutical company for over 5 years, got made redundant April 2001 and now have had another child and I am full time carer for both at home. I only work one day a week now. I am not sure about my occupation being on the list though - I dotted about within the company but was continuously employed by them though. Packaging Admin, Packaging Technologist, etc. Not sure under which category I would have to have my skills assessed?

If we apply and the pool is 70 - can anyone tell me how likely, if at all, we would get approval to proceed within the 2 years stated? and if we did, would we have a choice in territory?

Why is the pool only 70? Any info very gratefully received. puffed out Mum of two.
Old Jan 7th 2003, 2:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

Stan J has a brilliant futureStan J has a brilliant futureStan J has a brilliant futureStan J has a brilliant futureStan J has a brilliant futureStan J has a brilliant future

Some years ago I applied and was pooled. During that period there occured a change in the Points formula. That change gave me an additional 5 points which allowed a pass (visa happened dated the day after the points change)

Apart from some change like this working to your favour, there seems little benefit in being in the 'pool' save and except where insufficient folk meet the pass criteria such that they look to the 'pool' to make up numbers.

Things might be different now?
Old Jan 8th 2003, 9:10 am
BE Enthusiast

Loopy will become famous soon enoughLoopy will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Points

Why not ring up one of the migration consultants for a free assessment of your chances? That's what we did, he was able to give us an idea of what our chances were and we were under no obligation to use his services, although we did eventually go on to do so, your decision.

Best of luck!
Old Jan 8th 2003, 9:29 am
Just Joined

FIONA DAVIS is an unknown quantity at this point

Thankyou to the people who replied. looking for an agent to call and make contact with to get an idea of our chances.

Fiona
Old Jan 8th 2003, 1:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

mashiraz is an unknown quantity at this point

Try alan collett at go matilda who posts on here or george lombard and there are others..

www.gomatilda.com
http://www.austimmigration.com.au

Mash..

Originally posted by FIONA DAVIS
Thankyou to the people who replied. looking for an agent to call and make contact with to get an idea of our chances.

Fiona