Pointless

Old Jun 30th 2003, 3:23 am
Not here

Florida_03 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Pointless

This whole site is amazing. On the US section they are all whining about sprouts not being sprouts and the lack of cordinated colour toilet tissue. On the Canadian section it is a long whine about Canada being a 3rd world country, and who knows what else. Here it is another feast of whine on about Australia. In the meantime others are having a long whinge about the UK.

So, from what I gather, it is all rather pointless, so I might as well go to the pub and remain forever numb. Have people forgotten the art of conversation? You know...

"Bit rainy today"

"Yeh."

"They say it will be sunny tomorrow."

"Mmmm."

As me 'ol Ma used to say.

"You still going on?"
Old Jun 30th 2003, 3:28 am
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pointless

Originally posted by Florida_03

So, from what I gather, it is all rather pointless, so I might as well go to the pub and remain forever numb. Have people forgotten the art of conversation? You know...

"
Refugees see the world through one eye you expect far too much, but play a tune I will hum to it.

Old Jun 30th 2003, 3:37 am
Not here

Originally posted by pommie bastard
Refugees see the world through one eye you expect far too much, but play a tune I will hum to it.

You lot make The Smiths sound like Donny Osmond...

HEAVEN KNOWS I'M MISERABLE NOW

I was happy in the haze of a drunken hour
but heaven knows I'm miserable now
I was looking for a job, and then I found a job
and heaven knows I'm miserable now

In my life
why do I give valuable time
to people who don't care if I live or die

Two lovers entwined pass me by

In my life

What she asked of me at the end of the day
Caligula would have blushed
"You've been the house too long" she said
and I naturally fled

In my life
why do I smile
at people who I'd much rather kick in the eye

and I naturally fled

In my life
Old Jun 30th 2003, 3:43 am
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

You lot make The Smiths sound like Donny Osmond...

HEAVEN KNOWS I'M MISERABLE NOW

In my life

Two lovers entwined pass me by

In my life

What she asked of me at the end of the day
Caligula would have blushed
and I naturally fled

In my life
why do I smile
at people who I'd much rather kick in the eye

and I naturally fled

In my life
If I was them I change me name to Jones , do people buy their stuff to hang themselves by?

Old Jun 30th 2003, 10:48 am
gOD
Forum Regular

gOD is an unknown quantity at this point

This whole site is amazing. On the US section they are all whining about sprouts not being sprouts and the lack of cordinated colour toilet tissue. On the Canadian section it is a long whine about Canada being a 3rd world country, and who knows what else. Here it is another feast of whine on about Australia. In the meantime others are having a long whinge about the UK.

"Bit rainy today"

"Yeh."

"Mmmm."

"You still going on?"
You know that in the average year, in the UK, rainfall is only half that of NZ, and comparable to that of Melbourne...

That should give you something to talk about
Old Jun 30th 2003, 10:57 am
Not here

Originally posted by gOD
You know that in the average year, in the UK, rainfall is only half that of NZ, and comparable to that of Melbourne...

That should give you something to talk about
I must say I can't understand the complaints about the rain. The flowing rivers of the UK are a lovely sight compared to the now stagnant puddles that are Australia's major river systems. Even in the middle of Oxford in the UK and Christchurch in NZ you can still see live fish.
Old Jun 30th 2003, 2:12 pm
Free at last!

Houdini is on a distinguished road

Originally posted by pommie bastard
If I was them I change me name to Jones , do people buy their stuff to hang themselves by?

The Smiths disbanded many years ago and yes many disillusioned kids did indeed buy their stuff to hang themselves to.

Where is that Morrissey twat these days?
Old Jun 30th 2003, 4:14 pm
Be true to your skew

Pookin is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Houdini
The Smiths disbanded many years ago and yes many disillusioned kids did indeed buy their stuff to hang themselves to.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/arts/news/...972439,00.html
Old Jun 30th 2003, 4:29 pm
Free at last!

Houdini is on a distinguished road

Ta for that - never liked the guy since he dissed the man Robert Smith from the far superior Cure.
Old Jun 30th 2003, 4:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

karawara88 is an unknown quantity at this point

So, from what I gather, it is all rather pointless, so I might as well go to the pub and remain forever numb. Have people forgotten the art of conversation?
Have you?
Old Jun 30th 2003, 5:22 pm
Forum Regular

grubelice is an unknown quantity at this point

It's not that some people have forgotten the art of conversation - it's just that they never had it in the first place. Conversation is an "art" and like any art you have to practice it a bit. Comments about the weather are not conversations to me - they are habits. Some Brits are happy to limit their conversation to these sorts of pleasantaries - nothing wrong with that either. I love hearing different accents and expressions from all over the world and all over UK as well - adds to the joy of language. In my experience those with the most tend to whinge the most. Brits and Americans whinge an awful lot more (a long with other more developed nations) than those with less. Probably a throwback from colonialism and feeling superior. My philosophy in life is give the whingers the benefit of the doubt and if they carry on whinging ab nauseum - move on, life's too short for whinging.

E
Old Jun 30th 2003, 9:24 pm
Not here

Originally posted by karawara88
Have you?
I hope not. The example I gave does show one thing. That good conversations involve one person listening and acknowledging the others words, without forcing their view. These days they tend to go like...

"Bit rainy today"

"Rainy? You dreamer, wait until you see REAL rain...blah, blah, blah"
Old Jun 30th 2003, 9:25 pm
Not here

Originally posted by Houdini

To be fair, I think The Smiths helped kids get through the tough times by giving a morose view of the world that they could share. Now Donny Osmond...
Old Jun 30th 2003, 10:08 pm
I'm lovin' it

chippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to all

"Bit rainy today"

"Yeh."

"Mmmm."

"You still going on?"

The ones that make me chuckle most of all are those that whinge about the whingers, like you are now Florida. In fact, you are responsible for me having to whinge about you being a whinger.

I suggest that you do not respond to this post, because if you whinge some more, I will be forced to retort with yet more whinging. This could have a domino effect and spread this terrible affliction amongst even more of the good people on this site.

Also, I recall that you recently made a casual remark to the effect that you were leaving this forum, so that makes you a liar and a whinger.
Old Jun 30th 2003, 10:57 pm
Not here

Originally posted by chippy
The ones that make me chuckle most of all are those that whinge about the whingers, like you are now Florida. In fact, you are responsible for me having to whinge about you being a whinger.

I suggest that you do not respond to this post, because if you whinge some more, I will be forced to retort with yet more whinging. This could have a domino effect and spread this terrible affliction amongst even more of the good people on this site.

Also, I recall that you recently made a casual remark to the effect that you were leaving this forum, so that makes you a liar and a whinger.
Your suggestion is noted and ignored. All I said was that I would join Wilf. Maybe I have.

By the way you're not being very nice. Why the nasty tone?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.