Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Pointing to Sky Satelite

Pointing to Sky Satelite

Old Jul 18th 2007, 8:50 am
What am I doing??!!

naifyboy is just really nicenaifyboy is just really nicenaifyboy is just really nicenaifyboy is just really nicenaifyboy is just really nicenaifyboy is just really nicenaifyboy is just really nicenaifyboy is just really nice
Default Pointing to Sky Satelite

We are in Berwick near Melbourne and have just got Foxtel installed....

I have been told by a few people that i could possibly get a dish put up that i could point to the Sky satelite and then watch the UK Freeview channels.

Is this true?

After all - let's be honest Ozzie TV is complete trash!
Old Jul 18th 2007, 9:32 am
BE Enthusiast

Gjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Pointing to Sky Satelite

No. They point at Europe.
Old Jul 18th 2007, 9:53 am
Account Closed

copa is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by naifyboy

I have been told by a few people that i could possibly get a dish put up that i could point to the Sky satelite and then watch the UK Freeview channels.

Is this true?

Yes - Oz TV needs far more sublime English soaps and channels that show Big Brother at nearly every time of day and night..
Old Jul 18th 2007, 10:11 am
Forum Regular

Swing-Your-Pants has a spectacular aura aboutSwing-Your-Pants has a spectacular aura aboutSwing-Your-Pants has a spectacular aura about

Is this true?

Sorry, no chance:

http://www.astra2d.com/footprint.htm
Old Jul 18th 2007, 10:21 am
What am I doing??!!

naifyboy is just really nicenaifyboy is just really nicenaifyboy is just really nicenaifyboy is just really nicenaifyboy is just really nicenaifyboy is just really nicenaifyboy is just really nicenaifyboy is just really nice

Originally Posted by Swing-Your-Pants

Big shame!

I have heard about paying monthly subscription to download all the programs using slingbox player.
but it's well expensive!

Oh well - just have to get used to watching CSI and nothing else!
Old Jul 18th 2007, 10:47 am
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Is this true?

Absolutely not.
Old Jul 18th 2007, 11:10 am
You call that a moustache

ex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond repute

Is this true?

I think that there is a way to Jack New Zealand sky TV though but the programs are just as bad
Old Jul 18th 2007, 11:11 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Someone's have a laugh at your expense ...

I'm amazed you've found any - it seems to be 85% American and 15% British.
Old Jul 18th 2007, 11:19 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Only way you'll get to see Cash in the Attic and Car Booty without downloading it or returning to the UK....

http://www.liveuktv.com/ ...

And no - I haven't tried it.
Old Jul 18th 2007, 11:22 am
Account Closed

copa is an unknown quantity at this point

Big shame!

I have heard about paying monthly subscription to download all the programs using slingbox player.
but it's well expensive!

I quite enjoy a lot of the shows on SBS, ABC and ABC2.
Old Jul 18th 2007, 11:57 am
Forum Regular

pogsy is just really nicepogsy is just really nicepogsy is just really nicepogsy is just really nicepogsy is just really nicepogsy is just really nicepogsy is just really nicepogsy is just really nicepogsy is just really nicepogsy is just really nicepogsy is just really nice

Big shame!

but it's well expensive!

Could you not get hold of a digi box in the UK and plug the slingbox into that, then assuming you have the digi box at family or friends house who have broadband plug the slingbox into the router. This would give you the freeview channels admittedly at a funny time of the day.
Old Jul 18th 2007, 12:39 pm
Aussie lost in the UK

AndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond repute

Pogsy, your in terrigal?? My home town!!!

Been in the uK for 3 years and returning to terrigal in August!

Might catch you around!

Hows the weather - my mates reckon its been th coldest winter they can remember??!! Apparently there is shedloads of snow in the Kosciosko (good if you like skiing - too bad I'm still in the UK)
Old Jul 18th 2007, 9:33 pm
Forum Regular

pogsy is just really nicepogsy is just really nicepogsy is just really nicepogsy is just really nicepogsy is just really nicepogsy is just really nicepogsy is just really nicepogsy is just really nicepogsy is just really nicepogsy is just really nicepogsy is just really nice

Originally Posted by AndyR1976
Pogsy, your in terrigal?? My home town!!!

Been in the uK for 3 years and returning to terrigal in August!

Might catch you around!

Hows the weather - my mates reckon its been th coldest winter they can remember??!! Apparently there is shedloads of snow in the Kosciosko (good if you like skiing - too bad I'm still in the UK)
Yes it's been cold, icy windscreen the last couple of days, in Kincumber now just not updated B/E info. Did not think I would be scraping ice for a while but the days are nice without the wind.