Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Point system raised to 120

Point system raised to 120

Old Apr 14th 2004, 4:17 pm
Forum Regular

Handyandy180 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Point system raised to 120

Just found out today that the points system has been raised for skilled migration to 120 points. Also that a new visa is coming into force 1/7/04 has anyone heard the same? Has anyone got the info on this.
good luck to all that are trying.
Regards Chris and Andrea
Old Apr 14th 2004, 4:33 pm
Home at last

callé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond repute

Yes I knew the points would be raised today. the only new thing Ive heard of so far, is the new regional visa that is suppose to start in july. but if you find out anything else please post. I know we will have to go for the regional now as we just do have 115 points. But it shoudlnt be so bad. We'll just start out in another erea than we had originally planned.
calle
Old Apr 14th 2004, 4:51 pm
Paddington Brisbane

BKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the rough

Hi,

Check out this link for some info http://www.gomatilda.com.au/news/index.cfm

Also if you look at www.immi.gov.au there is some info on there about the regional visas.

Good Luck
Old Apr 14th 2004, 6:28 pm
Forum Regular

sheila and joe is on a distinguished road
Default just made it

was very worried to hear about the points giong to 120 -- sent our application off late feb but had not heard back or recieved a visa bill -- however after a long bank hol w/end checked with our agent who verified app has been recieved 3rd march and we will not have to have the higher points --- so relieved
Have been reading all the threads on here for about 2 weeks as I know there is nothing to do but wait for now -- but reading this site gives me a connection to my dream and gives me the fix I need for anything connected to oz (now that all the TV shows are finished)-- plus the info is sooooo useful

sheila
Old Apr 14th 2004, 10:16 pm
Forum Regular

Handyandy180 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: just made it

Originally posted by sheila and joe
was very worried to hear about the points giong to 120 -- sent our application off late feb but had not heard back or recieved a visa bill -- however after a long bank hol w/end checked with our agent who verified app has been recieved 3rd march and we will not have to have the higher points --- so relieved
Have been reading all the threads on here for about 2 weeks as I know there is nothing to do but wait for now -- but reading this site gives me a connection to my dream and gives me the fix I need for anything connected to oz (now that all the TV shows are finished)-- plus the info is sooooo useful

sheila
Well done sheila glad to hear someone is having better luck than I am but i still have hopes and dreams. Anyhow if they block me i may just turn up as an illegal!!! seems to work in this country so why not there??