Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

POINT COOK VICTORIA

POINT COOK VICTORIA

Old Jul 30th 2010, 11:32 am
BE Enthusiast

Irish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to behold
Default POINT COOK VICTORIA

Does anyone on the forum live in the Point Cook Sanctuary lakes area? If so do you think it's a nice place to live?

Cheers I.G.
Old Jul 30th 2010, 11:59 am
snɐןɔ ʎʇıuɐs

GarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: POINT COOK VICTORIA

Originally Posted by Irish Guinness
Does anyone on the forum live in the Point Cook Sanctuary lakes area? If so do you think it's a nice place to live?

Cheers I.G.
Yes and Yes.

It's new with the typical lightweight build of most aussie houses, but Sanctuary Lakes is more spread out than the usual Point Cook making it more humane, and you get free use of the gym, etc.

You do need a car though, and the only way in or out is via the one connecting road.

As per normal Point Cook, getting broadband can be taxing. Its worth checking your proposed location against the availability of ADSL (1, natch).
Old Jul 30th 2010, 12:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

Irish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to behold

Thanks is the raod into the city very busy?I guess it would be as you say there is one road in and out,thanks again I will take a look at the realestate.
Cheers I.G.
Old Jul 30th 2010, 12:43 pm
Forum Regular

seanandmaria is just really niceseanandmaria is just really niceseanandmaria is just really niceseanandmaria is just really niceseanandmaria is just really niceseanandmaria is just really niceseanandmaria is just really niceseanandmaria is just really niceseanandmaria is just really niceseanandmaria is just really niceseanandmaria is just really nice

Rush hour is a bit of a headache, Sanctuary lakes is lovely but expensive, its a gated community (99% sureit is anyway) Point cook is literally accross the road and a fair bit cheaper, Havne't lived there for 3 yrs and it was still being built, but we liked it there

Originally Posted by Irish Guinness
Thanks is the raod into the city very busy?I guess it would be as you say there is one road in and out,thanks again I will take a look at the realestate.
Cheers I.G.
Old Jul 30th 2010, 3:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

sr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GarryP
As per normal Point Cook, getting broadband can be taxing. Its worth checking your proposed location against the availability of ADSL (1, natch).
It's also the one of the first to get fiber as part of the NBN trail and hence the fastest connections in the country - I'm on a 100Mbs download speed. Check the maps on Telstra but most of the new estates have private fiber too so while it was rubbish 6 months ago most of Point Cook and Sanctuary Lakes is now pretty much the best in the country.