Poilce Checks

Old May 16th 2005, 12:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

chaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond repute
Default Poilce Checks

Is this the form I have to fill out and hand in for the police thing in the west mids ?

http://www.west-midlands.police.uk/D...on/forms.shtml

Cheers

Chaval
Old May 16th 2005, 12:04 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Poilce Checks

Originally Posted by chaval
Is this the form I have to fill out and hand in for the police thing in the west mids ?

http://www.west-midlands.police.uk/D...on/forms.shtml

Cheers

Chaval
Looks like it to me.
Old May 16th 2005, 12:07 pm
When?? We ask ourselves!!

andy & jayne is just really niceandy & jayne is just really niceandy & jayne is just really niceandy & jayne is just really niceandy & jayne is just really niceandy & jayne is just really niceandy & jayne is just really niceandy & jayne is just really niceandy & jayne is just really nice

Originally Posted by wmoore
Looks like it to me.
I believe it is! Its not like the one I filled out but perhaps different police forces have different forms. I am pretty sure it is!

Jayne
Old May 16th 2005, 12:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

chaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond repute

Looks like it to me.

cheers mate...just wasnt too sure..i just foned west mids and the one person that could take the call was....on holiday...I love to see my taxes being put to good use...
Old May 16th 2005, 12:10 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chaval
cheers mate...just wasnt too sure..i just foned west mids and the one person that could take the call was....on holiday...I love to see my taxes being put to good use...
Don't you just hate that? Maybe it's because Tony has put more "bobbies on the beat"?
Old May 16th 2005, 12:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

Don't you just hate that? Maybe it's because Tony has put more "bobbies on the beat"?

i had to smile the other day when 2 officers that are dealing with the recent stabbing in surrey (the shamefull case of the knife in the neck attack) had to BOTH go to oz to interview the girlfriend of one of the suspects...now forgive me for suggesting it but couldnt they have done a live webcast meeting ??
Old May 16th 2005, 12:27 pm

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

I was just looking at south yorkshire polices website - is it a 'subject access' form? syorks is an 'SA1' form - is this the right one?

Old May 16th 2005, 2:07 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tiredwithtwins
I was just looking at south yorkshire polices website - is it a 'subject access' form? syorks is an 'SA1' form - is this the right one?

Yep, thats the right one Sue, Subject Access is what you're after.

And Chaval, yes, thats the right form for the West Mids.

One day all forces will use the same form - unfortunately, that will probably come into being when the CRB take over the checks, and efficiency, accuracy and speed go out of the window.

(thats a personal view, only admitted to under the affluence of incohol, not necessarily shared by any other police record checkers!!)
Old May 16th 2005, 2:09 pm

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Yep, thats the right one Sue, Subject Access is what you're after.

And Chaval, yes, thats the right form for the West Mids.

One day all forces will use the same form - unfortunately, that will probably come into being when the CRB take over the checks, and efficiency, accuracy and speed go out of the window.

(thats a personal view, not necessarily shared by any other police record checkers!!)

the CRB are the ones used for work police checks arent they? I remember when i started doing some work for a college, their police check came back dead quick.....the nhs one took about 4 months!! same check, same police force..... luckily the nhs took my college one as interim proof until the other came through!
Old May 16th 2005, 2:24 pm
What's happening dudes?

Originally Posted by Pollyana
(thats a personal view, only admitted to under the affluence of incohol, not necessarily shared by any other police record checkers!!)
Nice dislcaimer
Old May 16th 2005, 2:29 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tiredwithtwins
the CRB are the ones used for work police checks arent they? I remember when i started doing some work for a college, their police check came back dead quick.....the nhs one took about 4 months!! same check, same police force..... luckily the nhs took my college one as interim proof until the other came through!
Yep, the CRB took over the Child Access checks in about 1999-2000 - they now all go through a central clearing house in liverpool, which routes them to the (hopefully) correct force. Half the check is done in Liverpool, the other half by the force involved. There has also always been a problem that some employers get the checks to the police/CRB quicker than others.
I was a Child Access checker in the "good old days" and having written many reports about the possible impact of the CRB I voted with my feet and moved offices before they took over! The workload was far larger than they predicted - even though the Forces had warned them - and thats why the horrendous delays. Time scales are generally better now, but I still feel they are less efficient than the previous "in-force" system. Lord help us when they take on Subject Access checks........

(Polly gets off her soapbox and pours another glass of wine to calm down!)