Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Poice Checks...Question

Poice Checks...Question

Old Jun 5th 2005, 10:53 am
BE Enthusiast

chaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond repute
Default Poice Checks...Question

Hi All...sent off for our Police checks and got a compliment slip back saying that the form has now been sent to NIS at Scotland Yard...

2 questions...is this the norm...as in forwarding it to the Yard...and if so whats the point of soliciting the info from the local constabulary...

why on earth dont we just send it to them direct to save on a layer of redtape ?

Cheers

Chaval
Old Jun 5th 2005, 10:55 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Poice Checks...Question

I'm sure thats where i sent mine in the first place
Old Jun 5th 2005, 11:04 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chaval
Hi All...sent off for our Police checks and got a compliment slip back saying that the form has now been sent to NIS at Scotland Yard...

2 questions...is this the norm...as in forwarding it to the Yard...and if so whats the point of soliciting the info from the local constabulary...

why on earth dont we just send it to them direct to save on a layer of redtape ?

Cheers

Chaval
In a lot of cases, requests for information on criminal records also involve a request for information and intelligence from local records - these HAVE to be done at local force level. Therefore, even though checks for immgration don't require local info, it simplifies things to say that all requests get sent to your local HQ.
The local force also has the responsibility of checkung the ID and banking the money, before sending the form itseflf on to New Scotland Yard for a check on the national criminal records system.

Having the basic checks and entry to the system done locally does help the scheme to run smoothly; if it was all centralised the system would become overloaded and slower.........as happened when the system for child access checks was centralised a few years back.

So don;t panic Chaval, you did the right thing, and you now know that the form is on its way for the actual checking

Polly
(police record checker!)
Old Jun 5th 2005, 11:19 am
BE Enthusiast

chaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond repute

Many thanks Pollyana...i thought you seemed well informed..lol
Old Jun 5th 2005, 11:22 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chaval
Many thanks Pollyana...i thought you seemed well informed..lol
Unlike me who obviously sent mine to the wrong place and slowed the system down
Old Jun 5th 2005, 11:26 am
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hevs
Unlike me who obviously sent mine to the wrong place and slowed the system down
Theres always one
Old Jun 5th 2005, 11:28 am
High in the Dandenongs

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Theres always one
I swear thats where i was told to send them
Old Jun 5th 2005, 11:34 am
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by hevs
I swear thats where i was told to send them
Guess you could have got the station idiot who didn't know, thats always possible.......Thames Valley, weren't you? Address in large letters on the form is Kidlington, Oxford!
You're not alone though, loads of people send them straight to the Yard - just slows things down as they have to be sent back to the local force to verify the address etc!
Old Jun 5th 2005, 1:11 pm

rossifumi will become famous soon enough

Hi Chaval, this was exactly the process for our PC's which by the way only took 2 weeks.
Old Jun 5th 2005, 3:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

lets hope they dont suddenly come knocking on me door... :scared: