Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

PO Box's for redirecting mail

PO Box's for redirecting mail

Old Dec 15th 2005, 10:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Was Kent, UK...now Pacific Pines Gold Coast and loving it
sonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud of
Question PO Box's for redirecting mail

Hi there,

Just looking into redirecting our mail from UK to OZ and the Royal Mail are happy to redirect to a PO Box overseas, but what I can't seem to find out from the Auspost website is whether we can order a PO Box from this country or do we need to do it once we get there. We don't really have any contacts we could use in Oz to send post to.

I would prefer to just redirect once, rather than to my Brothers address for a month, and then another once we get settled in Oz.

Anybody set up a PO box in Oz from the UK??

Thanks

Judith
Old Dec 15th 2005, 11:38 pm
Banned

Location: I refuse to answer on the grounds it may incriminate me
Luke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: PO Box's for redirecting mail

Originally Posted by sonictigger
Hi there,

Just looking into redirecting our mail from UK to OZ and the Royal Mail are happy to redirect to a PO Box overseas, but what I can't seem to find out from the Auspost website is whether we can order a PO Box from this country or do we need to do it once we get there. We don't really have any contacts we could use in Oz to send post to.

I would prefer to just redirect once, rather than to my Brothers address for a month, and then another once we get settled in Oz.

Thanks

Judith
I have an oz po box however, since you need to show 2 pieces of i.d. to get one I doubt you can arrange it before arriving in oz
heres the application form anyway:
http://www.auspost.com.au/GAC_File_M...ionform,00.pdf
Old Dec 15th 2005, 11:44 pm
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by sonictigger
Hi there,

Thanks

Judith
Get your brother to set it up for you, although it will be in his name to begin with. I've not known anyone set one up without being here.

Old Dec 16th 2005, 10:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Was Kent, UK...now Pacific Pines Gold Coast and loving it
sonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
Get your brother to set it up for you, although it will be in his name to begin with. I've not known anyone set one up without being here.
Thanks for that - sadly my brother is in uk to, I meant I would have to redirect to him and then redirect again to the Oz address once we get one.

Thanks anyway - I think we will have to think again with the PO Box, definately can't get one unless you are already in Oz.