Reload this Page >

Plumbing licence in brisbane

Plumbing licence in brisbane

Old Jan 20th 2006, 9:47 am
Just Joined

Maverick is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Plumbing licence in brisbane

hi folks
we are looking at a move to Brisbane on a 136 plumbing visa but I'm led to believe that i will need to get a plumbing licence when I'm out there
how long does it take?? and whats involved???
Old Jan 20th 2006, 10:28 am
Forum Regular

flumper is just really niceflumper is just really niceflumper is just really niceflumper is just really niceflumper is just really niceflumper is just really niceflumper is just really niceflumper is just really nice
Default Re: Plumbing licence in brisbane

Originally Posted by Maverick
hi folks
we are looking at a move to Brisbane on a 136 plumbing visa but I'm led to believe that i will need to get a plumbing licence when I'm out there
how long does it take?? and whats involved???
Hi,
I have just got my full Plumbing licence, the system of getting your licence has/is changing in Qld so you may be better off phoning for the latest info the phone no. is 00617 3235 4149 ask for Eve Baker.
Website is www.lgp.qld.gov.au

Hope this helps

MF
Old Jan 20th 2006, 10:31 am
Forum Regular

chris96 has much to be proud ofchris96 has much to be proud ofchris96 has much to be proud ofchris96 has much to be proud ofchris96 has much to be proud ofchris96 has much to be proud ofchris96 has much to be proud ofchris96 has much to be proud ofchris96 has much to be proud ofchris96 has much to be proud ofchris96 has much to be proud of

Hi
I'm an airconditioning engineer, i not heading to oz until August but i am applying for my licence before i go, that way i'll have no nasty suprises.
Old Jan 20th 2006, 10:39 am
Just Joined

Maverick is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by flumper
Hi,
I have just got my full Plumbing licence, the system of getting your licence has/is changing in Qld so you may be better off phoning for the latest info the phone no. is 00617 3235 4149 ask for Eve Baker.

Hope this helps

MF
many thanks
i will ring them
is getting work ok now that you have a licence and how the pay if you dont mind
Old Jan 20th 2006, 10:40 am
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chris96
Hi
I'm an airconditioning engineer, i not heading to oz until August but i am applying for my licence before i go, that way i'll have no nasty suprises.
you may get one supprise mate

ie if its anything like the electrical licence
as you cannot apply untill you are resident in oz
Old Jan 20th 2006, 10:43 am
Account Closed

Rooksie is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

Hope this helps

MF

OOOh bless your heart mate!!!! did you have to be working on the job (so to speak )?

are you busy?

can i ask you 1001 questions please (again!!)?
Old Jan 20th 2006, 10:59 am
Forum Regular

chris96 has much to be proud ofchris96 has much to be proud ofchris96 has much to be proud ofchris96 has much to be proud ofchris96 has much to be proud ofchris96 has much to be proud ofchris96 has much to be proud ofchris96 has much to be proud ofchris96 has much to be proud ofchris96 has much to be proud ofchris96 has much to be proud of

I'm going on a student visa with my partner so i won't be a resident, I have checked up and it seems ok to get now as long as i have references from my employer proving 3yrs handling refrigerants.
However, i will need a restricted electrical licence, so maybe i'll have to wait for that!

Cheers
Old Jan 20th 2006, 11:01 am
Forum Regular

flumper is just really niceflumper is just really niceflumper is just really niceflumper is just really niceflumper is just really niceflumper is just really niceflumper is just really niceflumper is just really nice

Originally Posted by Rooksie
OOOh bless your heart mate!!!! did you have to be working on the job (so to speak )?

are you busy?

can i ask you 1001 questions please (again!!)?
Hi,
Good to hear you got the visa you will need to decide where to go! or do what we did start at the bottom and drive until you find a place you like.

Yes I have a job.
You can walk into the Plumbers and Drainers board with your certificates and walk out minus a few $ with a provisional licence but thats when the fun begins!!! but as i said the system is changing and you will have to speak to the board to find out what you will have to do to get the full licence. :scared:

mf
Old Jan 20th 2006, 11:06 am
Account Closed

Hi,
Good to hear you got the visa you will need to decide where to go! or do what we did start at the bottom and drive until you find a place you like.

Yes I have a job.
You can walk into the Plumbers and Drainers board with your certificates and walk out minus a few $ with a provisional licence but thats when the fun begins!!! but as i said the system is changing and you will have to speak to the board to find out what you will have to do to get the full licence. :scared:

mf

sending a pm!!
Old Jan 20th 2006, 11:28 am

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

You can walk into the Plumbers and Drainers board with your certificates and walk out minus a few $ with a provisional licence
Old Jan 20th 2006, 11:35 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by fraser

oh mate ....
Old Jan 20th 2006, 11:38 am
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by fraser
What was that you just said ? Moving to QLD ?

Old Jan 20th 2006, 11:56 am
Forum Regular

The Plumbers and Drainers Board are looking at introducing a licence that will be valid for the whole of Australia are they finally coming to there senses
Old Jan 20th 2006, 12:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

joanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud of

Hi,

Yes I have a job.

mf
Hi Flumper just been reading your thread about plumbers in Queensland! Can I have some info as well please..... Hubbie is a plumber here and we are going over to Oz on skilled visa General Plumber! When you say you can walk in and get provisional licence does that mean he can start work as a plumber??
Are you working for a company now or for yourself?? Is there much work there for plumbers? (Can he work for you)? LOL.
Stressed out and looking for answers (and the visa)!!!
thanks jox