Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Plumbing and gas fitting jobs in Melbourne Victoria

Plumbing and gas fitting jobs in Melbourne Victoria

Old May 18th 2012, 8:22 pm
Just Joined

robjem2012 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Plumbing and gas fitting jobs in Melbourne Victoria

Hey guys, me and my girlfriend have had our visas granted and our due to land in Melbourne in November this year(2012). Im a heating and renewable energy engineer as well as plumbing.
Im really confused on what is in order to get my provisional licence in plumbing once i arrive? Here in the UK they offer a course in London 3days a week for 4 weeks in order to get you your provisional licence before you arrive, this comes at a cost of £3000 not including the time id have to take off from work. Really unsure weather this is worth while doing or waiting until i arrive and do my skills aassessment then to gain my licence????
Any help and advice would really be appreciated.
Thanks
Old May 18th 2012, 9:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

johnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to all
Default Re: Plumbing and gas fitting jobs in Melbourne Victoria

Originally Posted by robjem2012
Hey guys, me and my girlfriend have had our visas granted and our due to land in Melbourne in November this year(2012). Im a heating and renewable energy engineer as well as plumbing.
Im really confused on what is in order to get my provisional licence in plumbing once i arrive? Here in the UK they offer a course in London 3days a week for 4 weeks in order to get you your provisional licence before you arrive, this comes at a cost of £3000 not including the time id have to take off from work. Really unsure weather this is worth while doing or waiting until i arrive and do my skills aassessment then to gain my licence????
Thanks
no ,dont do it, you will get a provisional licence on your quals, go to the dept of plumbing in melbourne, think its box hill? anyway post on the plumbing forum on here you will get more response. the course in the uk is a con in my opinion, gets you no further, loads of discussions on here about it and arguments. good luck with it all and remember that anyone in the uk offering to get you your aus plumbing quals or licence is having you on and taking money for nothing.
Old May 19th 2012, 12:21 am
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks
Hi Rob, heating systems here are quite different from in the UK as I'm sure you're aware, they work on a forced air system mainly, but there are some hydronic heating suppliers (radiators and boilers) customers would be in the minority though!

BB
Old May 19th 2012, 1:43 am
BE Forum Addict

RedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond repute

Im a heating and renewable energy engineer as well as plumbing. Any help and advice would really be appreciated.
Thanks
What experience if any with bio gas?

What specific renewable energy experience?