Wikiposts

Plumbing exams?

Old Oct 25th 2005, 3:42 pm

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute
Default Plumbing exams?

Has anyone done the two day exams for sanitary, water supply and drainage.

They've sent me a letter asking for me to book the exams and I haven't a clue about how they do things here or their regs.

Oh and I haven't seen a job yet which doesn't involve gas so I'm wondering if it's even worth doing the exams.

No wonder they've got a shortage
Old Oct 25th 2005, 7:18 pm
Account Closed

Rooksie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Plumbing exams?

Originally Posted by fraser

They've sent me a letter asking for me to book the exams and I haven't a clue about how they do things here or their regs.

Oh and I haven't seen a job yet which doesn't involve gas so I'm wondering if it's even worth doing the exams.

mate you need to get hold of Flumper

i will also send you a pm with an email address of someone we know -albeit in queensland
Old Oct 25th 2005, 9:40 pm

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rooksie
mate you need to get hold of Flumper

i will also send you a pm with an email address of someone we know -albeit in queensland
Thanks mate
Old Oct 25th 2005, 10:16 pm
Forum Regular

flumper is just really niceflumper is just really niceflumper is just really niceflumper is just really niceflumper is just really niceflumper is just really niceflumper is just really niceflumper is just really nice
Thumbs up Re: Plumbing exams?

Hi Fraser,

I've sent you a PM with info.

FH
Old Oct 26th 2005, 12:32 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by flumper
Hi Fraser,

I've sent you a PM with info.

FH

and as if by magic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Oct 26th 2005, 12:33 am

and as if by magic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I think it'll take more then magic
Old Oct 26th 2005, 12:35 am
Account Closed

I think it'll take more then magic
yeah mate - ive heard. jed quite happy to keep his head fixed firmly under the surface for now!!
Old Oct 26th 2005, 12:43 am

yeah mate - ive heard. jed quite happy to keep his head fixed firmly under the surface for now!!
I'm supposed to go into a two day practical exam blind and then if I pass that I have to do three written exams :scared:
Old Oct 26th 2005, 12:44 am
Account Closed

I'm supposed to go into a two day practical exam blind and then if I pass that I have to do three written exams :scared:

Holy Poop!!!!!! well all i can say is im glad you are doing it first!!!

is that so you can go it alone or do you have to do that in order to be employed by a firm???
Old Oct 26th 2005, 12:49 am

Holy Poop!!!!!! well all i can say is im glad you are doing it first!!!

is that so you can go it alone or do you have to do that in order to be employed by a firm???
The first one is to get registered, once you're registered you can work supervised.

Then the second is to get a licence, then you can work unsupervised but you have to pay a fee each year.
Old Oct 26th 2005, 1:59 am

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

The first one is to get registered, once you're registered you can work supervised.

Then the second is to get a licence, then you can work unsupervised but you have to pay a fee each year.

It's pretty simple really you just need to learn some basic core skills Contact the DET dept of education and training.
Most of the core skills are the same as the U.K:

BCG1000A is where you learn not to show up when you said you would, also covers charging like a wounded bull

BCG1001A is sucking in air between your teeth whilst shaking your head, 2 things at once can confuse the average ocker

BCG1002A is getting your mate to distract the pensioner while you rifle through the family silver

BCG1002B is very similar but involves searching under mattresses for any cash nest eggs.

Hope that helps
Old Oct 26th 2005, 8:21 am
BE Enthusiast

Dan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to all

Hi Fraser,
Don't know if this will help, but I've done a one day exam over in Perth, also did it 'blind' , but was told by someone in the licensing department that you are tested on how you would 'plumb' in the UK???!!!! Ummmm, sort of true in that some questions were about storage tanks and a cylinder but that was about it! Have you done any plumbing over there yet, cause I'd had very very little use with oxy, no brazing skills at all (hard solder) and no experience with flaring copper!!!! Needless to say the practical side (about half a day) I did struggle with - but thankfully passed. Oh there was some drainage work too - but pretty basic stuff. Just remember to put the nut onto the copper first before you flare it!!!! A right pain in the a**!! Why not just have a compression fitting with an olive??? Mind you I am talking about Perth, maybe its different in Queensland!
Anyway, best of luck with it all.
Dan
Old Oct 26th 2005, 8:29 am

Originally Posted by Dan the Plumber
Hi Fraser,
Don't know if this will help, but I've done a one day exam over in Perth, also did it 'blind' , but was told by someone in the licensing department that you are tested on how you would 'plumb' in the UK???!!!! Ummmm, sort of true in that some questions were about storage tanks and a cylinder but that was about it! Have you done any plumbing over there yet, cause I'd had very very little use with oxy, no brazing skills at all (hard solder) and no experience with flaring copper!!!! Needless to say the practical side (about half a day) I did struggle with - but thankfully passed. Oh there was some drainage work too - but pretty basic stuff. Just remember to put the nut onto the copper first before you flare it!!!! A right pain in the a**!! Why not just have a compression fitting with an olive??? Mind you I am talking about Perth, maybe its different in Queensland!
Dan
Cheers mate.
Old Oct 26th 2005, 8:41 am

Anne4Terry is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Dan the Plumber
Hi Fraser,
Dan
Ooo, we may well be in touch with you in a couple of months. We are heading to Perth and hubby is a plumber.
Old Oct 29th 2005, 4:51 am
BE Enthusiast

Dan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Anne4Terry
Ooo, we may well be in touch with you in a couple of months. We are heading to Perth and hubby is a plumber.
Yeah no worries

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.