plumbing exams

Old Jul 12th 2004, 10:48 pm
Forum Regular

malpjc is an unknown quantity at this point
Default plumbing exams

hi all,has anyone had to sit an exam for plumbing,to get the license or whatever it's called,if you have could you give me the full details of what's involved,cheers
Old Jul 12th 2004, 11:46 pm
Forum Regular

Jessie James has much to be proud ofJessie James has much to be proud ofJessie James has much to be proud ofJessie James has much to be proud ofJessie James has much to be proud ofJessie James has much to be proud ofJessie James has much to be proud ofJessie James has much to be proud ofJessie James has much to be proud ofJessie James has much to be proud ofJessie James has much to be proud of

Hello,

I haven't had to sit any exams but my partner has and is now registered in a few plumbing and gas fitting categories.

Basically the process depends on whether you are going to be registered (which means that you have to work as an employee for a plumbing company) or licensed (you can work for yourself and employ others).

We were very lucky as Rich applied for 'provisional registration' and managed to find a company willing to employ him before he had full registration and gave him the time off to sit the exams. It has taken about 8 months as he had to sit 4 different exams for different categories but he is now registered and the long-term plan is to get a license and set up on his own.

It can be a fairly slow and expensive process as you have to pay for each exam and then pay registration fees once you have passed and he was very lucky to find work in his trade in the meantime.

If you want to know specifics about the exams I can get more details from Rich but you could also have a look at www.pic.vic.gov.au - we contacted them by email a few months before leaving the UK and they granted the provisional registration (after we sent them all his certificates, references etc.) on the grounds that Rich would sit and pass the four exams required within a year.

Hope that's of some help!