Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

plumbers license

plumbers license

Old Jul 1st 2004, 4:25 pm
Forum Regular

gwrees is an unknown quantity at this point
Default plumbers license

Does anyone know how often and where the trades persons license and the plumbers license courses are held in Perth? We've had our visa through and want to book the flights, but if these courses are only every few months or whatever then i dont want to miss one!

Cheers, Ger
Old Jul 1st 2004, 5:26 pm
Soon to be Visas holders

pete n lisa is an unknown quantity at this point

hi gwrees,
im also a plumber, flying out on 25th august.
i have been sent some links of colleges from the aussie institute of plumbers.
i will dig them out and put them up. I did email one of the colleges but got no reply but the computer did go a bit funny and i wasnt sure if the mail got sent or not. I seem to remember someone posting about the courses only running every quarter but cant be sure. let me know how you get on as i could do with some dates myself
cheers
Pete

Last edited by pete n lisa; Jul 1st 2004 at 5:30 pm.
Old Jul 1st 2004, 5:33 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by pete n lisa
hi gwrees,
im also a plumber, flying out on 25th august.
i have been sent some links of colleges from the aussie institute of plumbers.
i will dig them out and put them up. I did email one of the colleges but got no reply but the computer did go a bit funny and i wasnt sure if the mail got sent or not. I seem to remember someone posting about the courses only running every quarter but cant be sure. let me know how you get on as i could do with some dates myself
cheers
Pete

Nice one! I'll let you know what happens, got a few phone calls to make! We're going on the 13 sept hopefully, where are you going?
Old Jul 1st 2004, 5:57 pm
Soon to be Visas holders

pete n lisa is an unknown quantity at this point

we will be renting in port kennedy until the 15th of september. hopefully by then we will have an idea of where exactly we are going to end up. like the idea of south of the river, freemantle, mandurah way but until we get there not sure. got friends up north, we will be visiting , theyve been over for a few years and love it . down south seems quieter which appeals but it all depends on the work situation. what about you ?

my 11 year old has just come in so i can send links now lol.

www.mpaskills.com.au http://www.mpaskills.com.au www.masterplumbers.asn.au www.detya.gov.au www.detya.gov.au
Old Jul 1st 2004, 6:07 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by pete n lisa
we will be renting in port kennedy until the 15th of september. hopefully by then we will have an idea of where exactly we are going to end up. like the idea of south of the river, freemantle, mandurah way but until we get there not sure. got friends up north, we will be visiting , theyve been over for a few years and love it . down south seems quieter which appeals but it all depends on the work situation. what about you ?

my 11 year old has just come in so i can send links now lol.

www.mpaskills.com.au http://www.mpaskills.com.au www.masterplumbers.asn.au www.detya.gov.au www.detya.gov.au
Thanks a lot, my 4 year old is starting to do the same with me!
We're not sure where we are going yet, we went there for a month last year, made loads of friends, so were staying with them for a week or so until our furniture arrives and we can rent a place, we fancy north, edgewater maybe, but saying that these friends of ours live south, southern river so we might like it there. decisions decisions!

gwrees@hotmail dot com is my email, keep in touch!