Reload this Page >

plumber registration nz

plumber registration nz

Old Jul 27th 2003, 11:44 pm
Just Joined

Stone999 is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up plumber registration nz

Can anyone help?

My family upped roots from the UK and arrived in NZ some months ago to begin our mega adventure and new life. I'm a plumber and have been told I must sit a registration exam sometime in the future. Still stressed with what has happened with the move, children, wife, finding a home, finding a job, this is one last hassle I could do without. But needs must.

Can anyone give me an idea of what is involved. Will I need to locking myself away for weeks on end trying to kick start my brain to remember new facts and figures or is it just a point of brushing up on NZ plumbing regulations. Any help would be much appreciated.

Just a quick note for anyone who is unsure about emigrating.

Just do it.....Life is for living
Old Jul 28th 2003, 12:15 am
Inverted Firkin Inventor

Watt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: plumber registration nz

Originally posted by Stone999
Can anyone help?

My family upped roots from the UK and arrived in NZ some months ago to begin our mega adventure and new life. I'm a plumber and have been told I must sit a registration exam sometime in the future. Still stressed with what has happened with the move, children, wife, finding a home, finding a job, this is one last hassle I could do without. But needs must.

Can anyone give me an idea of what is involved. Will I need to locking myself away for weeks on end trying to kick start my brain to remember new facts and figures or is it just a point of brushing up on NZ plumbing regulations. Any help would be much appreciated.

Just a quick note for anyone who is unsure about emigrating.

Just do it.....Life is for living
Hi

Try this website it may give you some idea of where to start www.kiwicareers.co.nz

Hope it helps
Old Jul 28th 2003, 6:59 am
can`t believe we made it!

hanley is an unknown quantity at this point

HI my husband is also a plumber and we are heading out to nz Timaru next month.AS far as i know to just work as a `plumber` you need to have got your registration from PGDB.(this entitles you to work for somebody else.
If you want to be a `craftmens plumber` you need to take this exam which then entitles you to work on your own.
Hubbies boss told him the exam was quite easy and left it up to him if he wants to take it at a later time.
Hope thats right i`ll double check with him later!
Are you enjoying your life so far in Nz?
Hubbie can`t wait to give up his job at the moment working on a King cross building site.2-3 hour battle through the trafic to get there and then battle home again.
I`ll get back to you if i find out more

kerrie

Have you tried this www.pgdb.co.nz