Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Plugs plugs plugs.

Plugs plugs plugs.

Old Aug 29th 2003, 6:43 am
huge,throbbing member

baldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nice

I have in my hand a piece of paper....
Well actually,it's a leaflet I picked up from the electrical licensing board in WA.Seems the plug debate is one of those great urban myths-no doubt dreamt up by sparks to earn even more dosh.
It states that mere mortals (i.e non-electricians )can fit an appliance plug,as long it is not for profit or any financial gain.It even shows you which wires go where.(thank God for that-could've made a right idiot of meself).
So go ahead and fit em, or give me a bell-I'll fit em for $50 dollars each ($55 if you want me naked).
So that's WA,not sure about the other states though.

BB-wired for sound.
Old Aug 29th 2003, 7:42 am
A Male Member

PeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud of

Originally posted by baldbutts

So go ahead and fit em, or give me a bell-I'll fit em for $50 dollars each ($55 if you want me naked).

BB-wired for sound.
Better not let the wife read that.....with your rep (the fluo thongs...) shed be out buying bucketloads of plugs!

Thanks for the replies everyone.
Old Aug 29th 2003, 7:58 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by welshpom
I just bought two new plugs at Woolworths. There's a notice on the packaging that reads:

"Warning: It is illegal for persons other than licensed electrical mechanics or persons authorised by legislation to work on the fixed wiring of any electrical installation".

On the plugs debate, I think the key word in all of that is "fixed".

Now to me, a plug for say a hairdryer isn't part of the the "fixed wiring" of an "electrical installation". It's the unfixed (as in not part of the installation) wiring of an electrical appliance.
You've got it spot on.