Reload this Page >

Pls Help!! - Family in Philippines - Myself in Singapore

Pls Help!! - Family in Philippines - Myself in Singapore

Old Apr 21st 2004, 7:52 am
Just Joined

sohailkhalid786 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Pls Help!! - Family in Philippines - Myself in Singapore

Hi All

I am a Pakistani working in Singapore. A few days ago received email from my case officer that she will be sending me the pre grant letter very soon, so looks like the long wait has been over.

My problem now is that at the time of application and until last month I & family (wife and daughter - Filipino citizens) were all in Singapore, but due to my some problems at my in-laws my family has moved to Philippines, indefinitely. While I am stuck at Singapore due to work.

The dilemma now is that when the grant happens what do we do. I had previously indicated that we will get the visa stamped ourselves. My questions are

1) Is it possible that I get my visa stamped in Singapore while they do that in Philippines?

2) Or can I ask Adelaide that we will send in our passports and they stamp them for us and then send back to Singapore & Philippines respectively.

3) Alternatively I can ask my family to send me the passports (not sure if its legal) then I bring them to Australian Embassy in Singapore, but will they question on the whereabouts of my family and will it cause a problem?

4) Or I ask my family to send me the passports then mail all passports to Adelaide for stamping. Once Adelaide sends it back to me I'll mail to my family in Philippines (not sure if it is legal though as have read somewhere that you can't send passports by mail other than to Authorities)

3) Or can I ask Adelaide to stamp the visa for all of us in Philippines (I’ll visit Philippines for that)?

I am very much confused. Any help/comments/suggestions will be greatly appreciated especially from George, JAJ, ptlabs etc

Regards
Sohail
Old Apr 21st 2004, 8:36 am
Forum Regular

cuthere is an unknown quantity at this point

I brought my family's passports to AHC in Singapore for the visa stickers with a copy of the grant letter only - no need for original grant letter and no need for the whole family to be there. Collection was the same. They give you a receipt and you collect the following week on the same day. Family need not be present.

I think Adelaide needs to know where you want to get your visa stickers, AHC in Singapore or Philippines. I do not think that they do it for you for you in Adelaide.

Good Luck!
Old Apr 29th 2004, 6:44 am
Just Joined

Many Thanks

Regards
Sohail
Old Apr 29th 2004, 7:03 am
rudo1ph

Same here - had mine done in Singers too - only I needed to be there. Get to the Australian High Commission as early as you can though!!! The queues build up really quickly!!

good luck

Rudi

Old Apr 29th 2004, 7:05 am
BE Forum Addict

Billabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really nice

In most cases (AUstralia House - London) you have to send the visas as they will not deal with you if you just turn up so I doubt that you will require your family to be there at the embassy in Singapore.

Good luck
Old Apr 29th 2004, 9:00 am
Just Joined

Many thanks for all the replies. Problem is that can I get my family to send me the passports via courier?. Is that Legal?

Regards
Sohail