Im a top loading traditionalist
16.00%
Im a washboard trogladite
0%
Voters: 50. You may not vote on this poll

The pleasure of front loading.

Old Jul 25th 2005, 12:01 pm
A Male Member

PeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud of
Default The pleasure of front loading.

Hello boys n girls.

Just thought i would let you all know that we are VERY happy with our new front loading washing machine. Don't let any aussies try to convince you that top loading is the way to go cos in my opinion they are just talking out of thier drainage outlets!

Mother in law int happy we went front loader, but she can stick it!!

I've done a similar post before, but fill in the poll....i want to see if opinons have changed!!

Pete "on high speed spin" Y.
Old Jul 25th 2005, 12:03 pm
Breeding little aussies

movetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The pleasure of front loading.

Originally Posted by PeteY
Hello boys n girls.

Just thought i would let you all know that we are VERY happy with our new front loading washing machine. Don't let any aussies try to convince you that top loading is the way to go cos in my opinion they are just talking out of thier drainage outlets!

I've done a similar post before, but fill in the poll....i want to see if opinons have changed!!

I don't remember you being this dull before you moved to Aus

Maybe you want to get out more!!

Lynn
Old Jul 25th 2005, 12:04 pm
A Male Member

PeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by movetoperth.com
I don't remember you being this dull before you moved to Aus

Maybe you want to get out more!!

Lynn
blimey.

And the prize goes to Lynn for the quickest reply ever!!

Im just introducing everyone to an integral part of aussie culture!! The front/top loading saga.
Old Jul 25th 2005, 12:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute

A new spin on the washing machine debate; I saw a prog on Tv and the woman had got snakes in her top loader, which the pest man had to pull out. One got stuck inside and he turned the taps on to flush it into the main body of the machine, then pulled that one out.
Bet ya wouldn't get that in a front loader
Old Jul 25th 2005, 12:17 pm
Breeding little aussies

movetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Larissa
A new spin on the washing machine debate; I saw a prog on Tv and the woman had got snakes in her top loader, which the pest man had to pull out. One got stuck inside and he turned the taps on to flush it into the main body of the machine, then pulled that one out.
Bet ya wouldn't get that in a front loader
Only if you were washing Steve Irwins khakis

Lynn
Old Jul 25th 2005, 12:43 pm
A Male Member

Polls looking distinctly front loaded.
Old Jul 25th 2005, 11:43 pm
ABCDiamond

Polls looking distinctly front loaded.
100% so far

Old Jul 25th 2005, 11:49 pm

gedge has disabled reputation

one more not 'dancing in the moonlight'

Last edited by JulesandChris; Jul 25th 2005 at 11:57 pm.
Old Jul 26th 2005, 12:01 am
Go the BNE Roar

TrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond repute

Another one for the front loader brigade im afraid the top loader just didnt cut the mustard with me.

TT

Hello boys n girls.

Old Jul 26th 2005, 12:05 am
kneading my cushion

webgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of light

Tried a posh top loader (pretending that a digital dial meant better washing) at our short term rental. Spent four weeks unknotting shirts and jeans and cutting threads off things.

Am now happily watching my knickers spin in my lovely front loader.

Also provides cheap TV for the kids. What a bargain
Old Jul 26th 2005, 12:12 am

gedge has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by webgum
Also provides cheap TV for the kids. What a bargain
lol - and no ad-breaks either.
Old Jul 26th 2005, 6:55 am
F.U.B.A.R

Homer will become famous soon enoughHomer will become famous soon enough

Did you know that with a top loader the water only gets as hot as the hot water out of your tap as they do not have thermostats in them to warm up the water like a front loader.Plus they use more water than a front loader hence higher water bills.
Old Jul 26th 2005, 6:56 am
Suzy's Mummy too!

Jonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond repute

ROFL I thought from the title that this thread was about Meds & PCC... hehehehe OBSSESSED! Washers never even occurred to me! hehehehe

Claire
x
Old Jul 26th 2005, 11:04 am
Back in Uk and loving it

Emzee has a brilliant futureEmzee has a brilliant futureEmzee has a brilliant futureEmzee has a brilliant futureEmzee has a brilliant futureEmzee has a brilliant futureEmzee has a brilliant futureEmzee has a brilliant future

Hello boys n girls.

My godforsaken secondhand piece of **** of a toploader has ruined half our clothes, that is after i have struggled to untangle them from around that sodden pole, flooded once and now doesn't drain, needless to say i would never ever pay any money for one and as i cannot afford to buy a front loader at the mo, i am handwashing our clothes, and now at least our whites look white. I am so jealous of all you people with front loaders
Old Jul 26th 2005, 11:39 am
AC/DC!

yamahaha is just really niceyamahaha is just really niceyamahaha is just really niceyamahaha is just really niceyamahaha is just really niceyamahaha is just really niceyamahaha is just really niceyamahaha is just really niceyamahaha is just really niceyamahaha is just really niceyamahaha is just really nice

Didnt even know you got Top Loaders any more. Sounds like Oz is stuck in the 70s when it comes to washing machine technology. Do you get colour TV over there?? Or is it just those old rounded screen things with three mechanical channel selectors? Are flares in?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.