Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Please take a look!!!

Please take a look!!!

Old Nov 26th 2007, 2:51 pm
Forum Regular

pipxh is just really nicepipxh is just really nicepipxh is just really nicepipxh is just really nicepipxh is just really nicepipxh is just really nicepipxh is just really nicepipxh is just really nicepipxh is just really nice
Thumbs up Please take a look!!!

Hey all,

I'm 17 and will be 18 soon, I'm saving up to go to Australia in 2008 on a WHV. I am well aware that alot of you wonderful help givers are going over on a more permanent visa, but I'm also aware that alot of you went over on a WHV first, thats where i need your help. I am needing any internet links that you found helpful also places that you would recommend a visit too and if there was any items that you didn't take but when you got there you wished that you did. As you know i only have one chance at the WHV so i want to get all the advice i can get.

Thanks in advance
Pip
Old Nov 26th 2007, 4:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

homewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud of
Default Re: Please take a look!!!

Good luck... I'm not sure you can get a perm visa on a WHV whilst in AU... but dont quote me. Best thing to do is go on WHV, meet a lovely aussie bloke and get married
Old Nov 26th 2007, 4:28 pm
Forum Regular

pipxh is just really nicepipxh is just really nicepipxh is just really nicepipxh is just really nicepipxh is just really nicepipxh is just really nicepipxh is just really nicepipxh is just really nicepipxh is just really nice

Originally Posted by homewardbound
Good luck... I'm not sure you can get a perm visa on a WHV whilst in AU... but dont quote me. Best thing to do is go on WHV, meet a lovely aussie bloke and get married
Or a aussie female lol as im male
Old Nov 26th 2007, 5:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

Australia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pipxh
Hey all,

I'm 17 and will be 18 soon, I'm saving up to go to Australia in 2008 on a WHV. I am well aware that alot of you wonderful help givers are going over on a more permanent visa, but I'm also aware that alot of you went over on a WHV first, thats where i need your help. I am needing any internet links that you found helpful also places that you would recommend a visit too and if there was any items that you didn't take but when you got there you wished that you did. As you know i only have one chance at the WHV so i want to get all the advice i can get.

Thanks in advance
Pip
You can get more than one WHV, do a bit of research into it as it is very possible. Dunno where you heard you can only get one? Have to work in specific occupation for a certain period during your visa to enable you to get a second one! Well something like that, going to PR visa myself so not looked too deeply into it...
Old Nov 26th 2007, 6:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

Iwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud of

I have a book that I picked up at one of the Expos with details of hostels and stuff which seems to be aimed at WHVs. You are more than welcome to it if you want to PM me with your address.
Old Nov 26th 2007, 11:19 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Iwannabethere
I have a book that I picked up at one of the Expos with details of hostels and stuff which seems to be aimed at WHVs. You are more than welcome to it if you want to PM me with your address.
thanks that will be great help if anyone else has got any helpful info it will be greatly appreciated
Old Nov 26th 2007, 11:44 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Australia_bound?
You can get more than one WHV, do a bit of research into it as it is very possible. Dunno where you heard you can only get one? Have to work in specific occupation for a certain period during your visa to enable you to get a second one! Well something like that, going to PR visa myself so not looked too deeply into it...
People who have worked as a seasonal worker in regional Australia for a minimum of three months while on their first Working Holiday visa, may be eligible to apply for a second Working Holiday visa.

A few links for you to look at (obviously not you AB )

http://www.backpackaround.com.au/
http://walkabout.com.au/
http://www.news.com.au/travel/austra...oundaustralia/
Old Nov 26th 2007, 11:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

NickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond repute

Lonely Plant's Thorntree forum (Australian/NZ one) is almost entirely populated by people here on WHVs or planning to come here on WHVs.

http://www.lonelyplanet.com/thorntre...spa?forumID=10

They know all there is to know about travelling around and the best places to go and see.
Old Nov 27th 2007, 10:43 am
Forum Regular

thanks i shall look at these sites but if any one knows any more sites please post them for me
Old Nov 28th 2007, 1:42 am
Forum Regular

please i need alot of help with this one ppl
Old Nov 29th 2007, 2:10 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Iwannabethere
Thank you for the book i got it today and i will read it soon im sure it will be great help to me
Old Nov 29th 2007, 6:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

Iwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud of

No worries! Have fun in Oz!