Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Please somebody remind me what use Ants have...

Please somebody remind me what use Ants have...

Old Dec 20th 2007, 10:35 pm
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Please somebody remind me what use Ants have...

Half concentrated pyrethrum down their hole kills most types, even bull ants.
Old Dec 20th 2007, 11:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

manc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chris and farideh
I'm fed up to my teeth, every morning I wake up come to have my breakfast on the table (which get scleaned after every meal time), the table has turned black with "Bloody Ants", on the floor full of ants, in the kitchen cupboards, even in the sink, i have tried everything, one lot die, another lot replace them, oh i have them in all different sizes, shapes & colours.
so what are they good for?

Nice with cereals.
Old Dec 20th 2007, 11:43 pm
(^v^)

Possums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond repute

Hundreds of em here too, regular, bull and my fave jack jumpers its only the regular getting in the house. we've had it sprayed it doesnt stop them coming in but does kill them.

the garden is covered with them cannot find the nests?

I've just seen an advert for Robocan has anyone tried this?
Old Dec 20th 2007, 11:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

NikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond repute

They hate peppermint oil, either pour it down the entrance to the nest and watch the buggers run, or keep some wiped on your doorstep (or anywhere else they get in).
Old Dec 21st 2007, 12:36 am
BE Forum Addict

chris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by biggy
If you are in a rental ask the agent when the house was last sprayed.....this will stop the little shits
We have done that, she said we have to go to her office & fill forms up before they come, they just dont care.
Old Dec 21st 2007, 12:41 am
BE Forum Addict

chris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NikiL
They hate peppermint oil, either pour it down the entrance to the nest and watch the buggers run, or keep some wiped on your doorstep (or anywhere else they get in).
A trip to body shop, to get some that stuff.
Old Dec 21st 2007, 3:37 am
Forum Regular

DCI Gene Hunt is just really niceDCI Gene Hunt is just really niceDCI Gene Hunt is just really niceDCI Gene Hunt is just really niceDCI Gene Hunt is just really niceDCI Gene Hunt is just really niceDCI Gene Hunt is just really niceDCI Gene Hunt is just really niceDCI Gene Hunt is just really niceDCI Gene Hunt is just really niceDCI Gene Hunt is just really nice

Ants, huh, what are they good for.
Absolutely Nothing, say it again.

Mortein ant sand all around the house should keep th ebuggers out...unless they've setup camp inside your house.
Old Dec 21st 2007, 6:50 am
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DCI Gene Hunt
Ants, huh, what are they good for.
Absolutely Nothing, say it again.

Mortein ant sand all around the house should keep th ebuggers out...unless they've setup camp inside your house.
kinda gets expensive on larger homes, and during wet season !
Old Dec 21st 2007, 9:46 pm
Former Resident Visa

Jaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond repute

We are in UK and are overrun with the little buggers in our 'summer'.
I bought a pest plug from Woolies 'JML PEST STOP' £19.99 and it took a couple of days for them to go but they then marched right under my windowsill to nextdoor ....
J x
Old Dec 21st 2007, 9:50 pm

FluffyTheCampfireSlayer is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by chris and farideh
I'm fed up to my teeth, every morning I wake up come to have my breakfast on the table (which get scleaned after every meal time), the table has turned black with "Bloody Ants", on the floor full of ants, in the kitchen cupboards, even in the sink, i have tried everything, one lot die, another lot replace them, oh i have them in all different sizes, shapes & colours.
so what are they good for?
Get yerself some Mortein Ant Sand - bloody good stuff and entertaining to watch!

The sods crawl thru it and then slowly and painfully DIE!!!!!