Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Please share your experiences of these movers in PERTH

Please share your experiences of these movers in PERTH

Old Aug 12th 2010, 7:41 am
BE Enthusiast

Family of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Please share your experiences of these movers in PERTH

I'm moving from Singapore (so UK experiences less relevant) but I'd like to hear good and bad experiences with the following in Perth:

Crown
Allied-Pickfords
Grace
Kent

Thanks in advance
Old Aug 12th 2010, 7:54 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Please share your experiences of these movers in PERTH

Originally Posted by Family of 3
I'm moving from Singapore (so UK experiences less relevant) but I'd like to hear good and bad experiences with the following in Perth:

Crown
Allied-Pickfords
Grace
Kent

Thanks in advance
Kent unloaded our stuff at this end after our move from UK. The 3 guys I had were excellent and nothing was broken. I can't comment on a whole move as PSS did the UK half but the contact we had with Kent at this end was good.
Old Aug 12th 2010, 9:17 am
BE Enthusiast

Family of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks, yes, it's the Perth bit I'm researching here. I'm reseaarching the Singapore bit via a Singapore board.
Old Aug 12th 2010, 9:32 pm
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

Crown
Allied-Pickfords
Grace
Kent

Thanks in advance
If you use crown , you will get crown in singapore, the same with Allied you will get Allied in singapore. Other two will contract out to another company, probably K.C DAT..................MM
Old Aug 13th 2010, 12:00 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Crown
Allied-Pickfords
Grace
Kent

Thanks in advance
Kent in Perth were good for us - quick, professional and friendly.

Recommended.
Old Aug 13th 2010, 2:20 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mr mover
If you use crown , you will get crown in singapore, the same with Allied you will get Allied in singapore. Other two will contract out to another company, probably K.C DAT..................MM
I know. I've spoken to the movers in Singapore so I know who their agents are, that's why I'm looking at what happens in Perth.
Old Aug 13th 2010, 5:28 am
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

I know. I've spoken to the movers in Singapore so I know who their agents are, that's why I'm looking at what happens in Perth.
Just the reverse of what happens in Singapore........MM
Old Aug 13th 2010, 6:58 am
BE Enthusiast

Erm, yes. I worked that one out too.

To clarify, I've had quotes from these 4 and their Singapore counterparts, I'm getting feedback on how they handle things at the Singapore end here in Singapore, so now I'm looking for feedback on good/bad experiences there in Perth.

Thanks to NB and Amazulu.
Old Aug 13th 2010, 11:38 am
BE Enthusiast

seat151 is a name known to allseat151 is a name known to allseat151 is a name known to allseat151 is a name known to allseat151 is a name known to allseat151 is a name known to allseat151 is a name known to allseat151 is a name known to allseat151 is a name known to allseat151 is a name known to allseat151 is a name known to all

Can't fault Pickfords when we moved
Old Aug 13th 2010, 8:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

mbike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond repute

Crown
Allied-Pickfords
Grace
Kent

Thanks in advance

We used Kent. One packer came and worked for two days using miles of paper/bubble wrap. He was excellent but was a bit of a wrapping dynamo and would have doubtless wrapped and packed the children if we hadn't moved them out of the way. Lift was done by three guys who were dilligent enough although there was a degree of tooth-sucking about whether everything would fit in the container from one of them that caused the misses a bit of unnecessary bother. They squeezed it all in in the end and surprisingly nothing was broken at the other end.

ps. I should also add that a representative from one of the other firms on your list took over a month to get back to us with a quote, eventually calling up on moving day as Kent were packing!

Last edited by mbike; Aug 13th 2010 at 9:01 pm. Reason: stuff about other movers
Old Aug 14th 2010, 6:44 am
BE Forum Addict

Kingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to behold

Hi! How's things?

We've just used Kent. We've not sent back everything to the UK but the 2 guys who came 2 weeks ago were friendly and helpful. Got on with the job with no problems or issues.

We even ended up with an extra box that we didn't intend taking back but they were happy for us to drop the box off and add it to the container.

They were very competitive with the price. So far no issues at all.
Old Aug 16th 2010, 1:19 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Kingseat
Hi! How's things?
Hiya, very busy with my massive "to do" list and de-cluttering 13 years of crap, but I guess most on here have BTDT and you're up to your ears in that at the moment too.

You going back via Singapore?
Old Aug 16th 2010, 7:24 am
BE Forum Addict

Kingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to behold

I am back via a horrendous flight into Bangkok!
Old Aug 16th 2010, 7:27 am
BE Forum Addict

Gems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond repute

We have used Grace in Australia. They were very good no complaints and would recommend them. They have a contract with the WA eduction department to move employees when they move towns.

Gems
Old Aug 17th 2010, 12:00 am
Back to WA! Yay!

mark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud of

Pickfords are fine and competent. Little impersonal service and ridgid with the rules.

Claims department is in-house which whilst sounds good actually is a pain in the arse to get paid with basically telling them to do their job. (They said our single bed was delivered when it actually wasnt and then proceeded to argue with me that I had "misplaced" my single bed!). Its never turned up to this date!