British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Please, please help! (47SK) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/please-please-help-47sk-106964/)

glenn_somers Mar 13th 2002 11:35 am

Please, please help! (47SK)

Just a few questions relating to 47SK.

How much is it to apply, form 990i states AUS$1125 for apps lodged overseas and AUS$1670 for apps lodged in Oz. I live in U.K but will be posting my application to Adelaide so what fee do I have to pay.

Family members included in this application? Does a defacto spouse count as a family member?

I overstayed on a working holiday visa a few years ago, where do I claim this on the 47SK form, is it the health/character (part g) section or page 10 section 48 which asks "Have you, or any other person included in this application, ever had an entry permit or visa cancelled in Australia" Strictly speaking it wasn't cancelled, it merely expired, I applied for a bridging visa before I left the country.

Can anyone give me any pointers in proving defacto relationship, I have been living with my girlfried for nearly five years, we have a lease, but the majority of our bills are in either hers or my name, not both, this is the same with our bank accounts. We do have a savings account but it is in her name, I make monthly payments into that account from mine, would there be any point in providing details of this to immigration?

Lastly there are several pages (Children/Skill matching etc) that do not apply to me or my girlfriend, do I need to send these in blank or can I omit them from my application.

Any help you incredibly brainy people can offer will be hugely appreciated.

Cheers,

Glenn

George Lombard Mar 14th 2002 9:05 am

Re: Please, please help! (47SK)

Hi Glenn,

>How much is it to apply, form 990i states AUS$1125 for apps lodged overseas and
    >AUS$1670 for apps lodged in Oz. I live in U.K but will be posting my application to
    >Adelaide so what fee do I have to pay.

You pay A$1125. The fee depends on whether the application carries with it a right to
remain in Australia during processing. Yours doesn't.

>Family members included in this application? Does a defacto spouse count as a
    >family member?

Yes.

>I overstayed on a working holiday visa a few years ago, where do I claim this on the
    >47SK form, is it the health/character (part g) section or page 10 section 48 which
    >asks "Have you, or any other person included in this application, ever had an entry
    >permit or visa cancelled in Australia" Strictly speaking it wasn't cancelled, it
    >merely expired, I applied for a bridging visa before I left the country.

Make sure you mention it, wherever you can. Failing to declare it could mean the
whole thing is cancelled.

>Can anyone give me any pointers in proving defacto relationship, I have been living
    >with my girlfried for nearly five years, we have a lease, but the majority of our
    >bills are in either hers or my name, not both, this is the same with our bank
    >accounts. We do have a savings account but it is in her name, I make monthly
    >payments into that account from mine, would there be any point in providing details
    >of this to immigration?
    >

You'll need to try to sort it out by just giving them anything you can.

>Lastly there are several pages (Children/Skill matching etc) that do not apply to me
    >or my girlfriend, do I need to send these in blank or can I omit them from my
    >application.

You can drop those pages if you want, but better to just print off the whole thing
and send it.

>Any help you incredibly brainy people can offer will be hugely appreciated.

And when any of those brainy people get around to answering your email, let me know.

Cheers

George Lombard

www.austimmigration.com.au