Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Please help - where to get childcare from 6am in Carina area

Please help - where to get childcare from 6am in Carina area

Old Oct 4th 2007, 8:41 am
In my own little world!

belleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to behold
Default Please help - where to get childcare from 6am in Carina area

Hi there, I am a nurse and have to leave for a day shift at 6am, my hubby starts work in 10 days days and also will have to leave for work at 6am, I have searched high and low for childcare but it seems there is nothing before 6:30am, which kind of screws things up a bit, so before I start pulling my hair out can any shift workers out there suggest anything or advice what they do with their kids as we are here with no extended family.
Clairex
Old Oct 4th 2007, 9:13 am
Forum Regular

---Haggisman--- has much to be proud of---Haggisman--- has much to be proud of---Haggisman--- has much to be proud of---Haggisman--- has much to be proud of---Haggisman--- has much to be proud of---Haggisman--- has much to be proud of---Haggisman--- has much to be proud of---Haggisman--- has much to be proud of---Haggisman--- has much to be proud of---Haggisman--- has much to be proud of---Haggisman--- has much to be proud of
Default Re: Please help - where to get childcare from 6am in Carina area

Originally Posted by belleandscone
Hi there, I am a nurse and have to leave for a day shift at 6am, my hubby starts work in 10 days days and also will have to leave for work at 6am, I have searched high and low for childcare but it seems there is nothing before 6:30am, which kind of screws things up a bit, so before I start pulling my hair out can any shift workers out there suggest anything or advice what they do with their kids as we are here with no extended family.
Clairex
Hi

Sorry can't help with the day care as my son is at school. We are in Carina too. Have you tried the ABC on Epala Street? Not sure of the times though.

Scotschick

Last edited by ---Haggisman---; Oct 4th 2007 at 9:13 am. Reason: Oops just realised logged in as OH
Old Oct 4th 2007, 9:21 am
Forum Regular

paulhill is just really nicepaulhill is just really nicepaulhill is just really nicepaulhill is just really nicepaulhill is just really nicepaulhill is just really nicepaulhill is just really nicepaulhill is just really nicepaulhill is just really nice

Clairex

I thought that the earliest any of them opened was 6.30 am, sorry to be negative and good luck.
Old Oct 4th 2007, 11:21 am
sub
Forum Regular

sub will become famous soon enoughsub will become famous soon enough

Clairex
Crumbs! thats early wouldnt it be easier to swap jobs, as a nurse, there must be more sociable hours available!
Old Oct 5th 2007, 8:55 am
In my own little world!

belleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to behold
Thumbs down Re: Please help - where to get childcare from 6am in Carina area

Thanks for the help, my daughter goes to the nursery on epala street, but they open at 7am, I aksed the manager today for any advice and there is nothing here before 6:30am, they said use a nanny service or put an ad in thepaper for someone, but not really keen to leave my little poppets with some stranger that I dont know. So will have to beg my nurse manager for about 10 shift changes over the next 6 weeks, thanks anyway.
Clairex
Old Oct 5th 2007, 4:13 pm
Happy in my bubble

Sam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond repute

Clairex
Hi there
I dont know because i am not over there but are there no childminding services or something equivelent over there? If not there is definately a niche there to provide out of school care to fit in with working families - i work with children over here but my trade is not needed over there - makes you wonder doesnt it.
Hope you get sorted.
Love Sam
Old Oct 5th 2007, 4:32 pm
Forum Regular

Dreamer is just really niceDreamer is just really niceDreamer is just really niceDreamer is just really niceDreamer is just really niceDreamer is just really niceDreamer is just really niceDreamer is just really niceDreamer is just really niceDreamer is just really niceDreamer is just really nice

Originally Posted by Sam Greenfield
Hi there
I dont know because i am not over there but are there no childminding services or something equivelent over there? If not there is definately a niche there to provide out of school care to fit in with working families - i work with children over here but my trade is not needed over there - makes you wonder doesnt it.
Hope you get sorted.
Love Sam

Im a registered childminder here in the UK, Id noticed that my 'trade' is not needed in OZ, kinda puts a spanner in the works for our application!! My husband works in IT but his job isn't on the MODL, Id hoped Id be able to gain extra points with my job, sadly that's not the case
Old Oct 5th 2007, 6:01 pm
Happy in my bubble

Sam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Oz_Dreamer
Im a registered childminder here in the UK, Id noticed that my 'trade' is not needed in OZ, kinda puts a spanner in the works for our application!! My husband works in IT but his job isn't on the MODL, Id hoped Id be able to gain extra points with my job, sadly that's not the case

Hi Oz Dreamer
Im an NNEB with 13 years experience with special needs but that dont qualify either - know what you mean about the spanner - im even thinking of going back into hairdressing again something i said id never do but needs must .
Wish you loads of luck with you quest and you never know we may be needed one day - as many of these threads show there is a shortage there and it has to be filled one way or another.
Take care
Love Sam xxxx
Old Oct 6th 2007, 1:47 am
In my own little world!

Hi Sam and Oz, it's a shame you are not on the skills list, but that is probably because they only have 1 nursery nurse and 1 person studying nursery nursing in a room with up to 24 kids over here, it is awful, in scotland lauren had an "auntie" who you spoke to every time you went in and she would tell you exactly what they've been doing and what they have eaten that day etc, here they dont tell you anything, you just go and pick up your child and leave. At the start I tried to get info on my daughter but have given up as they dont really care. I am looking for alternative child care, but as we are renting it suits just now but not in the long run. I think you would be quite shocked by the nurseries here.

Lauren loved her old nursery, here she doesnt really like it, once she is there she is fine, but always happy to go home.

Good luck getting over here.
Clairex
Old Oct 6th 2007, 2:18 am

kez81 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the help, my daughter goes to the nursery on epala street, but they open at 7am, I aksed the manager today for any advice and there is nothing here before 6:30am, they said use a nanny service or put an ad in thepaper for someone, but not really keen to leave my little poppets with some stranger that I dont know. So will have to beg my nurse manager for about 10 shift changes over the next 6 weeks, thanks anyway.
Clairex
My friend worked in a nursery in the uk and they would do after hours babysitting for the parents what about asking some of the girls who work there if they would be willing to take care of her before she starts.
Old Oct 6th 2007, 6:55 am
Happy in my bubble

Hi Sam and Oz, it's a shame you are not on the skills list, but that is probably because they only have 1 nursery nurse and 1 person studying nursery nursing in a room with up to 24 kids over here, it is awful, in scotland lauren had an "auntie" who you spoke to every time you went in and she would tell you exactly what they've been doing and what they have eaten that day etc, here they dont tell you anything, you just go and pick up your child and leave. At the start I tried to get info on my daughter but have given up as they dont really care. I am looking for alternative child care, but as we are renting it suits just now but not in the long run. I think you would be quite shocked by the nurseries here.

Lauren loved her old nursery, here she doesnt really like it, once she is there she is fine, but always happy to go home.

Good luck getting over here.
Clairex
Oh my god thats disgusting - its about time we were on the skills list then and show them how to run a nursery for gawds sake. Im sorry your daughter is having to put up with that you must be mortified - i know a lot of nurseries can be iffy but i would never have believed that they were that bad i am so shocked. Is there no childminding services or anything like that over there????? If and when we get over i think this is something i will be looking into setting up i think as it seems good quality care is few and far between.
Take care and give a big hug to your daughter from me and tell her we're not all bad xxx