Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Please help! We just want a chance!!

Please help! We just want a chance!!

Old May 31st 2003, 1:46 pm
Forum Regular

millertime is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Please help! We just want a chance!!

I now have a WHV for NZ but my partner is 5mths too old to get one. We are hoping to go over to NZ long term and thought if we both had Working Hol Visas we could maybe get a foot in the door with an employee and hopefully get a work visa from there.

I have been looking on the NZ Immi website at work visas under the general work policy and it states that you can get one of these visas even if your job is not on the shortage list (which neither of ours are). So we thought if we could try and maybe get a job offer to get one of these visas the other would automatically get one on defacto basis. But the website mentions that your partner should go over on a visitor visa.

We so want to go over and give it a good go, working and living in NZ but we seem to be getting nowhere. At the moment I can go for 12mths on work hol and my partner can go on visitor visa and not work.

Can anyone please offer advice on defactos, work visas etc as we are getting really desperate. Wanted to sell our house here and go for it.....
Old May 31st 2003, 6:41 pm
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point

What's the problem? Partner (too old for WHV) should go over on tourist visa (6 months, can be extended to 9) and if he/she gets a suitable job offer can get a work visa OTC in any NZIS office.

Cheers - Don