Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Please help visa question

Please help visa question

Old Jan 19th 2007, 9:25 pm
Forum Regular

Amajon has a brilliant futureAmajon has a brilliant futureAmajon has a brilliant futureAmajon has a brilliant futureAmajon has a brilliant futureAmajon has a brilliant futureAmajon has a brilliant future
Question Please help visa question

Hi everyone I've just been writng a statement about how I met my lovely OH and don't really know how much to include. With evidence of commitment of relationship, do you photocopy and certify love letters and has anyone asked friends and family to write down what a lovely couple they are? I know this sounds corny but have had a glass or two I hope there is someone out there to enlighten me as to what to include
Thanks Amanda
Old Jan 20th 2007, 8:03 am
Living the Dream!

Mrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Please help visa question

Originally Posted by Amajon
Hi everyone I've just been writng a statement about how I met my lovely OH and don't really know how much to include. With evidence of commitment of relationship, do you photocopy and certify love letters and has anyone asked friends and family to write down what a lovely couple they are? I know this sounds corny but have had a glass or two I hope there is someone out there to enlighten me as to what to include
Thanks Amanda
Hi Amanda, you would probably get a better response if you post this question on the immigration forum as lots of people have applied who are in de facto relationships. They will be able to help you I'm sure.

Best of luck,

Jackie
Old Jan 20th 2007, 6:16 pm
Forum Regular

Amajon has a brilliant futureAmajon has a brilliant futureAmajon has a brilliant futureAmajon has a brilliant futureAmajon has a brilliant futureAmajon has a brilliant futureAmajon has a brilliant future

Hi Jackie
Thank you for the response, I am married, but as I understand it I have to submit evidence of our relationship aswell. Did you not have to do this?
Amanda
Old Jan 20th 2007, 6:42 pm
Just Joined

Debs64 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Amanda

I'm really no expert but - we only had to provide our marriage certificate for our application.

best wishes
Debbie
Old Jan 20th 2007, 6:55 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Amanda
What kind of visa? Skilled or spouse?
Old Jan 20th 2007, 7:04 pm
Forum Regular

daraghm is just really nicedaraghm is just really nicedaraghm is just really nicedaraghm is just really nicedaraghm is just really nicedaraghm is just really nicedaraghm is just really nicedaraghm is just really nicedaraghm is just really nicedaraghm is just really nicedaraghm is just really nice

Thanks Amanda
Hi Amanda.

I just posted my spouse visa application last Monday.

For us, our evidence of commitment included:
  • Marriage Certificate
  • Joint Bank Account Statements
  • Our Sons Birth Certificate
  • Previous Evidence of Renting Together
  • Evidence of buying our house together
  • Statements from friends here re. our relationship, how long they have known us etc.
  • Some Form 888's from friends in Aus
  • Utility Bills, Car Insurance in both our names

The partner migration booklet pretty much spells out the evidence you can provide, I used it as a template for evidence gathering.

Our respective statements just spelled out how and when we met, how long we were living going out before moving in together, with more focus on the recent stuff, i.e. getting married, having babies, buying houses. I wrote 9 pages in the end! My wife just 4. Hopefully we will hear soon.

Good luck, and drop us a line if you need any help, I got plenty of advice/suggestion here too.

D.
Old Jan 20th 2007, 8:45 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Thanks everyone,
The visa is a skilled 136 and the web link said "whether you are married or in a de facto relationship" you had to provide evidence of your relationship
I'm soooo very confused. I suppose it doesn't hurt to send everything but I don't want to delay anything by holding people up reading about my love life!
Old Jan 20th 2007, 9:06 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Thanks everyone,
The visa is a skilled 136 and the web link said "whether you are married or in a de facto relationship" you had to provide evidence of your relationship
Ask on the immigration forum but unless things have changed recently, people who are legally married just need to show the marriage cert when applying for 136.