Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Please Help Us!!!!!!!!!!!

Please Help Us!!!!!!!!!!!

Old Oct 5th 2005, 5:07 pm
Living in Oz & loving it

rick07 has a spectacular aura aboutrick07 has a spectacular aura aboutrick07 has a spectacular aura about
Default Please Help Us!!!!!!!!!!!

Received police clearance today and it shows that i have 1 conviction, this happened in 1988 when i was just 17,so it's classed as a juvenile.When we originally filled the forms out we didn't tell them i had any convictions because i didn't think that it mattered because i was only 17 years old ( got done for fighting by the way not some mass murderer!!!!!!!!!) Anyway because the forms have already gone to Australia and have been signed, our emigration company have told us that we now need to send statutory declaration telling them why we didn't mention it from the start and also 10 character references.We feel absolutely gutted about the whole situation because we have come so far and for all this to happen it's really crap!!!
Could anyone please tell us if they have been in the same situation or know of anyone who has. We really need some advice or information, please!!!!
Old Oct 5th 2005, 5:10 pm
In my own little world!

Nicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Please Help Us!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by rick07
Received police clearance today and it shows that i have 1 conviction, this happened in 1988 when i was just 17,so it's classed as a juvenile.When we originally filled the forms out we didn't tell them i had any convictions because i didn't think that it mattered because i was only 17 years old ( got done for fighting by the way not some mass murderer!!!!!!!!!) Anyway because the forms have already gone to Australia and have been signed, our emigration company have told us that we now need to send statutory declaration telling them why we didn't mention it from the start and also 10 character references.We feel absolutely gutted about the whole situation because we have come so far and for all this to happen it's really crap!!!
Could anyone please tell us if they have been in the same situation or know of anyone who has. We really need some advice or information, please!!!!
Rick,

I think in this instance you need to seek some professional advice about the best way of handling this with DIMIA. I recall a similar posting on the Oz Immigration thread to which Jeremy responded - you may want to post this on there rather. I'll see if I can find the other posting and send you the link.

Nicky
Old Oct 5th 2005, 5:24 pm
Living in Oz & loving it

rick07 has a spectacular aura aboutrick07 has a spectacular aura aboutrick07 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Nicky & Dave
Rick,

I think in this instance you need to seek some professional advice about the best way of handling this with DIMIA. I recall a similar posting on the Oz Immigration thread to which Jeremy responded - you may want to post this on there rather. I'll see if I can find the other posting and send you the link.

Nicky
Thanks that would be good!
Old Oct 5th 2005, 5:33 pm
In my own little world!

Nicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rick07
Thanks that would be good!
I can't find the one I'm thinking of - I'll have another look later. These ones below may provide some information that is relevant to you. Pollyanna is a Criminal records Checker so she may be able to comment about this - perhaps send her a PM?

Let us know how you get on,

Cheers,
Nicky

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...ce+convictions

Old Oct 5th 2005, 7:41 pm
Forum Regular

lovealot is just really nicelovealot is just really nicelovealot is just really nicelovealot is just really nicelovealot is just really nicelovealot is just really nicelovealot is just really nicelovealot is just really nice

My partner got his back with three convictions on it and we phoned our agent and told her. She said that as it was more than 10yrs ago and were for minor offences that they wouldn't count. You only need 10yrs clearance unless they are serious offences. WE sent them off and got our visas within 6weeks of DIMIA receiving them so dont worry. Oh and we didnt need a Stat Dec either so speak to your agent about that one.
Good luck and let me know how you get on
Old Oct 5th 2005, 9:31 pm
Living in Oz & loving it

Thanks Nicky for that information, feel better for reading them!!!!!