Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Please help.....money exchange

Please help.....money exchange

Old May 22nd 2006, 1:28 pm
Ok this isn't so bad

Stitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond repute
Question Please help.....money exchange

Hi folks,

I really need some help...We are due to fly out soon and want to transfer our UK money to our Oz bank account. I've tried looking at Ozforex and Money Corp as well as a couple of others but I'm a tad confused and nervous....

How does it work? I've never done anything like it and as it's our lives savings .....

Our UK bank will charge us £30 to transfer our funds but the exchange rate they offer is £1 - $2.36...I've checked out the exhcange rate at these other places and it's about £1 - $2.499

Can someone please give me an idots guide as to how it all works....please.

Cheers

Ginny
Old May 22nd 2006, 1:34 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Please help.....money exchange

Originally Posted by Stitch
Hi folks,

I really need some help...We are due to fly out soon and want to transfer our UK money to our Oz bank account. I've tried looking at Ozforex and Money Corp as well as a couple of others but I'm a tad confused and nervous....

How does it work? I've never done anything like it and as it's our lives savings .....

Our UK bank will charge us £30 to transfer our funds but the exchange rate they offer is £1 - $2.36...I've checked out the exhcange rate at these other places and it's about £1 - $2.499

Can someone please give me an idots guide as to how it all works....please.

Cheers

Ginny
I've registered with ozforex and he called us to confirm a few things. He said if we need any help to ring and he would guide us through it.

I wouldn't go with your bank as that exchange rate is well below what I was quoted on ozforex the other day, which was 2.44 and it's gone up since then.
Old May 22nd 2006, 1:36 pm
Ok this isn't so bad

Stitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by WendyC
I've registered with ozforex and he called us to confirm a few things. He said if we need any help to ring and he would guide us through it.

I wouldn't go with your bank as that exchange rate is well below what I was quoted on ozforex the other day, which was 2.44 and it's gone up since then.

Hi Wendy,

How's it going...I see a Sold sign! Great news and thanks for the info...Getting very close for us now....just under 2 weeks! This loggin on at the library is hellish!

Cheers

Ginny
Old May 22nd 2006, 1:42 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Stitch
Hi Wendy,

How's it going...I see a Sold sign! Great news and thanks for the info...Getting very close for us now....just under 2 weeks! This loggin on at the library is hellish!

Cheers

Ginny

I'm dreading not having any internet access, don't know what I'll do without it

We're just waiting on the searches to be finished then we can arrange a date for exchange etc. Getting a bit excited now. We are pushing for mid June as I know the kids are off school in Adelaide the first two weeks of July and I want to get accommodation as cheap as possible.

I can't believe it's only 2 weeks for you, it's really flown past. Have a safe journey
Old May 22nd 2006, 1:44 pm
Ok this isn't so bad

Originally Posted by WendyC
I'm dreading not having any internet access, don't know what I'll do without it

We're just waiting on the searches to be finished then we can arrange a date for exchange etc. Getting a bit excited now. We are pushing for mid June as I know the kids are off school in Adelaide the first two weeks of July and I want to get accommodation as cheap as possible.

I can't believe it's only 2 weeks for you, it's really flown past. Have a safe journey

Cheers Wendy,

Good luck to you too...

Ginny