Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Please help me Mr. George Lombard....or anyone....ACS RPL!!

Please help me Mr. George Lombard....or anyone....ACS RPL!!

Old Feb 4th 2002, 9:05 am
ams
Forum Regular

ams is an unknown quantity at this point

I have applied for RPL and ACS received it on 27-12-2001. I have not heard from them as yet.

I'm a Commerce Graduate from India and completed my degree in 1997. I'm doing MBA in PART-TIME since 1999 and it is to be completed in 2003.

While filling up the RPL application form I mentioned the MBA as on-going but missed to mention "Part-time". It was the same in my resume. However while writing the "Brief summary of conclusions" at the end of RPL form I did mention MBA "Part-time". My employer references though mention full-time employment covering 4 yrs. which is a fact.

Do you think that missing out "Part-time" in some places will have an adverse effect on my assessment? Will ACS not consider my work exp. to be full time?

Eagerly waiting for someone who could throw a light.

Rgds....Ams
Old Feb 4th 2002, 10:35 pm
Forum Regular

dave66 is an unknown quantity at this point

Why don't you contact them, they are a very helpful bunch.
Old Feb 6th 2002, 9:35 am
George Lombard

Hi Ams,

If your ACS application is not ok, you will be advised and given the opportunity to
clarify the information.

Please note that currently ACS is taking as much as 10 weeks to process skilled visa
applications. There are a lot of student graduates at the moment, and only a limited
amount of staff. I don't think you should contact them, because although they are
helpful, they are also under stress
    >

Cheers

George Lombard

www.austimmigration.com.au ams wrote in message ...
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old Feb 6th 2002, 12:55 pm
ams
Forum Regular

ams is an unknown quantity at this point

Gee....thanx Mr. Lombard. Ooops..10 weeks... :-( ..ok...!!

Hope they don't contact me meanwhile....i.e. hope I don't have any problem with the app.

Regards....Ams
Old Feb 6th 2002, 2:42 pm
Yves Bellefeuille

>
    >
    >
    >

It's impossible to answer your question about visas without knowing your nationality.
One would have expected someone posting through something called the "British Expats
Forums" to be British, and therefore not to need a visa at all to go to the UK.

--
Yves Bellefeuille <[email protected]>, Ottawa, Canada Francais / English / Esperanto
Esperanto FAQ: http://www.esperanto.net/veb/faq.html Rec.travel.europe FAQ:
http://www.faqs.org/faqs/travel/europe/faq

Old Feb 6th 2002, 6:01 pm
Miguel Cruz

[usenetquote2]>> So I am travelling to England, Manchester and was wondering HOW exactly to get[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> there. I have three choices swap-student work abroad programme about 250 bucks to[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> apply with a visa then I could just get a VISA or I could apply for Commonwealth[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> Visa Does anyone know anything about which one might be the better option?[/usenetquote2]
    >
    >
    >

Age is also a pretty key issue here.

miguel
--
Hit The Road! Photos and tales from around the world: http://travel.u.nu