Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

please help me!!!

please help me!!!

Old Oct 7th 2009, 3:27 pm
Just Joined

casey clarke is an unknown quantity at this point
Question please help me!!!

hello, im new to this thing and im not sure what i am doing. but im leaving to Australia in december and i am not too sure what to expect. do you know who can help me and who i should talk to?

thanks
casey clarke
Old Oct 7th 2009, 3:33 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: please help me!!!

Originally Posted by casey clarke
hello, im new to this thing and im not sure what i am doing. but im leaving to Australia in december and i am not too sure what to expect. do you know who can help me and who i should talk to?

thanks
casey clarke
Hi and welcome to BE. I've moved your post to a new thread as I think you'll get more answers that way

Whereabouts are you moving to? Tell us a bit more and I'm sure people will be able to help you
Old Oct 7th 2009, 4:24 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Casey Clarke,

You could try asking some others what its like on Oz in this link below.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=93

Last edited by Alfresco; Oct 7th 2009 at 4:33 pm.
Old Oct 8th 2009, 12:59 am
ABCDiamond

im leaving to Australia in december and i am not too sure what to expect.
Warm weather ?

Old Oct 8th 2009, 1:09 am
kopites are gobshites

this charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to behold

"can you tell what it is yet?"
Old Oct 8th 2009, 2:10 am
BE Enthusiast

Eastend Girl is just really niceEastend Girl is just really niceEastend Girl is just really niceEastend Girl is just really niceEastend Girl is just really niceEastend Girl is just really niceEastend Girl is just really niceEastend Girl is just really niceEastend Girl is just really nice

Old Oct 8th 2009, 2:22 am
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

thanks
casey clarke
Casey:

Welcome. I see you are only 15 so must be being brought by your parents?

You'll find lots of answers to specific questions here, but general queries are rather difficult to reply to! try reading through a lot of posts and then asking questions about things that are not clear.
Old Oct 8th 2009, 3:40 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

thanks
casey clarke
Where abouts are you headed? Every place in Australia is different, so it will make a difference where you plan to go.

Were you looking for specific types of things like schools or jobs or things to do?
Old Oct 8th 2009, 7:49 am
BE Enthusiast

dave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome aboard, you are in the right place !

Check out this topic below, it might give you some info
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=632506
Old Oct 8th 2009, 1:54 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Dorothy
Where abouts are you headed? Every place in Australia is different, so it will make a difference where you plan to go.

Were you looking for specific types of things like schools or jobs or things to do?
we are going to gold coast. and im not too sure what school. how easy is it to make friends there?
Old Oct 8th 2009, 2:00 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Wol
Casey:

Welcome. I see you are only 15 so must be being brought by your parents?

You'll find lots of answers to specific questions here, but general queries are rather difficult to reply to! try reading through a lot of posts and then asking questions about things that are not clear.
yes. well im not too sure how this thing works. im not very I.T orientated, and i would appriciate any help that is given. we are going to the cold coast and the first thing i will be needing are some friends seeming as i am an only child. are the people in Ausrtalia more friendly than in South Africa? if not than i think i am going to struggle allitle bit
Old Oct 8th 2009, 2:04 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by this charming man
slightly confused..
Old Oct 8th 2009, 2:55 pm
Forum Regular

Prudi has much to be proud ofPrudi has much to be proud ofPrudi has much to be proud ofPrudi has much to be proud ofPrudi has much to be proud ofPrudi has much to be proud ofPrudi has much to be proud ofPrudi has much to be proud ofPrudi has much to be proud ofPrudi has much to be proud ofPrudi has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by this charming man
That's a Rolf Harris quote.

Welcome and don't worry. Have a look at the the links provided, and ask any questions that come to mind. Moving to another country is a big deal, no matter how old you are. I moved to Perth from the UK a few months ago and I have found the attitude here very relaxed and friendly. Everyone at my work asks me how I am, shop assistants will chat to you, and when I walk up to the bus stop in the morning, people I don't know smile and say hello. Maybe look into joining a sports club or something, depending on what your interests are... And remember, no worries!!!
Old Oct 8th 2009, 9:14 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

we are going to gold coast. and im not too sure what school. how easy is it to make friends there?
where abouts in the Gold Coast are you heading ??
Old Oct 8th 2009, 10:35 pm
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

yes. well im not too sure how this thing works. im not very I.T orientated, and i would appriciate any help that is given. we are going to the cold coast and the first thing i will be needing are some friends seeming as i am an only child. are the people in Ausrtalia more friendly than in South Africa? if not than i think i am going to struggle allitle bit
I don't think you will have any problems at all making friends: remember there are many people in the same situation as yourself.

I don't know much about the Gold Coast, which is over 1000Km from where I live, but there are lots on this forum who live around there and can help.

Remember to be very careful when talking to people on the internet: this is a reputable and controlled forum with a lot of nice people posting but no-one really knows who can get onto it and chat to children. I wouldn't reply to any private messages unless your parents know who you are "talking" to - keep it here in public.

Which part of ZA are you living in now?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.