Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Please help I am very worried

Wikiposts

Please help I am very worried

Old Oct 5th 2006, 7:18 pm
Forum Regular

katiesel has a spectacular aura aboutkatiesel has a spectacular aura aboutkatiesel has a spectacular aura about
Default Please help I am very worried

Hi We are due to fly out on Sunday, I am feeling very ill, I have been seeing the Doctor all week, but no usful diagnosis as yet! I am at my wits end, years of planning, every thing sold, and now am unwell just before we go. What I was wondering was, we are on a 319 visa. would we be able to use the medicare service as soon as we arrived, if not i really dont know if we will be able to go.
Thanks
Katie
Old Oct 5th 2006, 7:21 pm
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Please help I am very worried

Originally Posted by katiesel
Hi We are due to fly out on Sunday, I am feeling very ill, I have been seeing the Doctor all week, but no usful diagnosis as yet! I am at my wits end, years of planning, every thing sold, and now am unwell just before we go. What I was wondering was, we are on a 319 visa. would we be able to use the medicare service as soon as we arrived, if not i really dont know if we will be able to go.
Thanks
Katie
Are you just suffering from stress? It's a horrid time before you're due to go ... Unless you're suffering from something much more serious then I would still come. Once you're here it might just clear up! Sorry you're feeling rubbish. Feel better soon.
Old Oct 5th 2006, 9:47 pm
Hilton`s

Hilton`s is a name known to allHilton`s is a name known to allHilton`s is a name known to allHilton`s is a name known to allHilton`s is a name known to allHilton`s is a name known to allHilton`s is a name known to allHilton`s is a name known to allHilton`s is a name known to allHilton`s is a name known to allHilton`s is a name known to all

Thanks
Katie
Katie when I first arrived here In Oz I had stomach pains for about 2 months and ended up seeing a doctor who assured me that it was probably just stress and nerves and everything, and actually after speaking to her the pains miraculously disappeared. It is unbelievable what stress and nerves can do to you.

As for your visa type being able to use medicare I`m sorry but I can`t help you there.

Tracey x
Old Oct 5th 2006, 9:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

KatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to behold

The UK and Oz have a reciprocal agreement regarding Healthcare so you will be able to get Medicare help when you first arrive. Good luck with the big trip.
Old Oct 5th 2006, 10:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

samnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks
Katie
Hi Katie, Sorry your not feeling very well, it must be horrible knowing you've got a long journey ahead of you when your not feeling too good. I also agree that it may be stress related, and the more you worry about it the more stressed you become. Its a vicious circle. I know its a very busy time for you but try and relax for a while, and have a day in bed.
Hope you feel better soon
All my love
Sam x.
Old Oct 5th 2006, 11:15 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks
Katie
Hi Katie.

We took out travel insurance which covered us during the trip and up to 17 (I think) days after landing which is the time it takes for Medicare to officially become valid. Does your insurance cover this ?

Our son became ill with tonsilitis after a few days. We were not covered by Medicare but just went along to the nearest doctors practice we could find and all we had to do was pay an appointment fee of 20 bucks and for the cost of the medicine. Had we been on Medicare at that time we could have claimed the 20 bucks back.

We did not claim against the insurance purely because we forgot but if it was something that needed hospital treatment (big cost) I'm sure we would have remembered.
Old Oct 5th 2006, 11:33 pm
Forum Regular

katiesel has a spectacular aura aboutkatiesel has a spectacular aura aboutkatiesel has a spectacular aura about

Many thanks to you all for taking the time to answer.

Am feeling less stressed now i know we will be able to use medi-care. I do have travel insurance for 30 days and strong tablets from the doctors, so hopefully all will be well.

We are heading up to Hervey Bay any of you lot there? we'll buy you a drink as a thank you.
Old Oct 5th 2006, 11:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

TeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud of

Hope you are feeling better soon. Good luck for the big move.
Old Oct 5th 2006, 11:59 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Many thanks to you all for taking the time to answer.

Am feeling less stressed now i know we will be able to use medi-care. I do have travel insurance for 30 days and strong tablets from the doctors, so hopefully all will be well.

We are heading up to Hervey Bay any of you lot there? we'll buy you a drink as a thank you.
Don't know where it is but say a toast for me.
Good luck Kate and good health of course
Old Oct 6th 2006, 12:02 am
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Best of luck Katie, I'm sure the stress of the move doesn't help but just think of the fantastic Summer ahead and of course Christmas in the sun.

Now hurry up & get better.
Old Oct 6th 2006, 12:20 am
Account Closed

TraceyW is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Hilton`s
Katie when I first arrived here In Oz I had stomach pains for about 2 months and ended up seeing a doctor who assured me that it was probably just stress and nerves and everything, and actually after speaking to her the pains miraculously disappeared. It is unbelievable what stress and nerves can do to you.

As for your visa type being able to use medicare I`m sorry but I can`t help you there.

Tracey x
Hey...me too! Only the pains were in my jaw. I ended up having a full bloody c.t head scan, dental checks, x-rays, the lot...all of that and it turns out to be stress related! I was obviously so wound up I kept clenching my jaw.

I would still travel unless you feel so unwell you can't manage the long haul. Can't you postpone your flight for a couple of weeks?

Good luck to you anyway
Old Oct 6th 2006, 12:36 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Originally Posted by TraceyW
Hey...me too! Only the pains were in my jaw. I ended up having a full bloody c.t head scan, dental checks, x-rays, the lot...all of that and............
They confirmed it was a common wumins complaint.
Old Oct 6th 2006, 1:15 am
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Bix
They confirmed it was a common wumins complaint.
Talking to much???
Old Oct 6th 2006, 1:20 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Originally Posted by Bordy
Talking to much???
Well blow me.
What else could I mean ?
Old Oct 6th 2006, 6:31 am
BE Enthusiast

raven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Bix
Well blow me.
What else could I mean ?
Try and chill out Iwas suffering from terrible indigestion a couple of weeks ago. Doc thought i had gallstones had a ultrasound and nothing wrong with me.Took a few days off work went for long walks and destressd. Guess what .After 3 or 4 days i felt fine again Good luck for sunday
Raven

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.