Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Please help with final decision on shipping company to use.

Please help with final decision on shipping company to use.

Old Mar 7th 2006, 7:58 pm
Just Joined

justinehelen is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Please help with final decision on shipping company to use.

Please can anybody offer any assistance with deciding which shipping company to use. We have had 2 quotes, one from Anglo Pacific and one from International Excess Baggage. I don't think you can judge from the s.ales people who come and do the estimate. My gut feeling is to go with the latter as they were slightly cheaper. Has anybody got any opinions or any other bright ideas? Thanks.
Old Mar 7th 2006, 8:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

thepomandozzy is just really nicethepomandozzy is just really nicethepomandozzy is just really nicethepomandozzy is just really nicethepomandozzy is just really nicethepomandozzy is just really nicethepomandozzy is just really nicethepomandozzy is just really nicethepomandozzy is just really nicethepomandozzy is just really nice
Default Re: Please help with final decision on shipping company to use.

Originally Posted by justinehelen
Please can anybody offer any assistance with deciding which shipping company to use. We have had 2 quotes, one from Anglo Pacific and one from International Excess Baggage. I don't think you can judge from the s.ales people who come and do the estimate. My gut feeling is to go with the latter as they were slightly cheaper. Has anybody got any opinions or any other bright ideas? Thanks.

Hi

We have had several quotes and the cheapest for a sole use container and the best we think are Pss so that is who we are going with. That is our gut feeling and we have also heard from the company that they use on the aus end. Good luck with whatever you decide

Tracey
Old Mar 7th 2006, 8:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

manxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond repute

How much are you bringing? Are you packing a container or just shipping boxes.

We are not bringing the big stuff like sofas and tables and just bringing boxes of kids toys, books, and personal belongings etc. We are looking at Sevenseas worldwide to ship our boxes. http://www.sevenseasworldwide.com/
Old Mar 7th 2006, 8:24 pm
Forum Regular

alinora9 is a name known to allalinora9 is a name known to allalinora9 is a name known to allalinora9 is a name known to allalinora9 is a name known to allalinora9 is a name known to allalinora9 is a name known to allalinora9 is a name known to allalinora9 is a name known to allalinora9 is a name known to allalinora9 is a name known to all

Hi ,we too, are at this stage, we have had a quote from John Masons, which we felt was quite high, Excess are coming next week and Pss the following. I would add i spoke to a lady today who used Anglo Pacific and wasn`t impressed. The guys that pack for Aand P, down where we live, have moved us twice in the Uk and they were fine, but after speaking to this person today I would be abit concerned. Tracy
Old Mar 7th 2006, 8:49 pm
Extended Member

Big Galah has a reputation beyond reputeBig Galah has a reputation beyond reputeBig Galah has a reputation beyond reputeBig Galah has a reputation beyond reputeBig Galah has a reputation beyond reputeBig Galah has a reputation beyond reputeBig Galah has a reputation beyond reputeBig Galah has a reputation beyond reputeBig Galah has a reputation beyond reputeBig Galah has a reputation beyond reputeBig Galah has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by alinora9
Hi ,we too, are at this stage, we have had a quote from John Masons, which we felt was quite high, Excess are coming next week and Pss the following. I would add i spoke to a lady today who used Anglo Pacific and wasn`t impressed. The guys that pack for Aand P, down where we live, have moved us twice in the Uk and they were fine, but after speaking to this person today I would be abit concerned. Tracy
No company is going to get 100% positive reviews - yet the horror stories I've heard about Anglo Pacific when it comes to international removals would put me off. I'm only going on what several people have said on this forum, I don't have any personal experience of them.

I used PSS and was very happy.

As with insurance, remember cheapest isn't necessarily the best option.
Old Mar 7th 2006, 9:10 pm
Love Tiffany's

Welshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud of
Smile Re: Please help with final decision on shipping company to use.

We used John Masons because they came highly recommded and I am so glad we did. They weren't the cheapest, but certainly the best in my opinion. All our stuff arrived to our house here in NSW on Friday. Every box accounted for and not one thing broken - not even a scratch. I was expecting at least some china or something delicate to be broken seeing as it came so far.
Old Mar 7th 2006, 9:32 pm
Full Throttle

stevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond repute

We used Excess Baggae and had no problems whatsoever. They took their time packing stuff up, but did a good job. No damage, reasonable cost and they used Grace removals the other end here in Oz.
No problems recommending them on our experience
Good luck!