Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

PLEASE HELP!! Cant decide on Adelaide or Brisbane/Gold Coast!

PLEASE HELP!! Cant decide on Adelaide or Brisbane/Gold Coast!

Old Jan 16th 2009, 12:50 am
Forum Regular

sutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to all
Default PLEASE HELP!! Cant decide on Adelaide or Brisbane/Gold Coast!

Hi
We are desperately needing some advice. We are hopefully getting our visa in next couple of months. My OH is a builder, going on skilled 175bricklayer.
We really want to go to Brisbane/Gold coast area, but are worried what the building industry is like.
Have been told no work there for tradies and to try Adelaide.
We have 3 children aswell, so need to go where work is.
Any advice or help will be so very great.
Thanks
Old Jan 16th 2009, 3:45 am
Forum Regular

ClairePM is just really niceClairePM is just really niceClairePM is just really niceClairePM is just really niceClairePM is just really niceClairePM is just really niceClairePM is just really niceClairePM is just really niceClairePM is just really nice
Default Re: PLEASE HELP!! Cant decide on Adelaide or Brisbane/Gold Coast!

Hi

There has been a few jobs advertised in the paper here (adelaide advertiser - www.news.com.au) for Bricklayers and also I saw some advertised on the pomsinadelaide website. They are also building quite a bit here. But check out the following websites for jobs in Brisbane:-
www.careerone.com.au or www.seek.com.au.
Claire
Old Jan 16th 2009, 4:01 am
BE Forum Addict

Jan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: PLEASE HELP!! Cant decide on Adelaide or Brisbane/Gold Coast!

We've lived both areas and I'd say Brisbane/ Gold Coast all the way for job prospects (now for your Husband and later on for your kids) This was the main driving force behind our move from Adelaide.

Work is not as easy to secure anywhere as they would like you to believe and you will almost certainly start down the ladder a fair bit after jumping through many hoops to prove to them that you can do what you've been doing for the last 20 years in the U.K.

Getting the Visa is just the start.

Despite my negativeness, I really do wish you all the best

Jan