Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

please help?bricklayer struggling

please help?bricklayer struggling

Old May 22nd 2005, 3:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

STEVE&TERRI has much to be proud ofSTEVE&TERRI has much to be proud ofSTEVE&TERRI has much to be proud ofSTEVE&TERRI has much to be proud ofSTEVE&TERRI has much to be proud ofSTEVE&TERRI has much to be proud ofSTEVE&TERRI has much to be proud ofSTEVE&TERRI has much to be proud ofSTEVE&TERRI has much to be proud ofSTEVE&TERRI has much to be proud ofSTEVE&TERRI has much to be proud of
Default please help?bricklayer struggling

could someone please help ,we have been at our computer for 1 week now, and just not getting anywhere ,can someone offer us some guidence on refrence forms from the employer,about brickwork ,we need to try to make the job sound glamourous .My husband can tell you about his hole trade in one paragrph ,how do we stretch it to ten pages .he has been a bricklayer for 20 years and we are struggling big time .
Old May 22nd 2005, 3:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

coxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to all
Default Re: please help?bricklayer struggling

Originally Posted by STEVE&TERRI
could someone please help ,we have been at our computer for 1 week now, and just not getting anywhere ,can someone offer us some guidence on refrence forms from the employer,about brickwork ,we need to try to make the job sound glamourous .My husband can tell you about his hole trade in one paragrph ,how do we stretch it to ten pages .he has been a bricklayer for 20 years and we are struggling big time .
Without knowing what kind of job you are applying for or what you will be needing it for, it will be difficult to offer advice. What about looking at some of the career sites that offer advice re CV's etc e.g www.monster.com?
Old May 22nd 2005, 4:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

manxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond repute

I take it this is for the TRA assesment or is it for job applications in australia?

If its TRA try posting on the Auz/NZ Immigration section.

Im sure there are plenty of brickies who have been through the process and have the experience to tell you more.
Old May 22nd 2005, 7:08 pm
Forum Regular

lee/jane is just really nicelee/jane is just really nicelee/jane is just really nicelee/jane is just really nicelee/jane is just really nicelee/jane is just really nicelee/jane is just really nicelee/jane is just really nicelee/jane is just really nicelee/jane is just really nicelee/jane is just really nice

hello mate
i am a painter and decorator send me your email and i will send you my trades discription so you will have some idea what they want.
Old May 22nd 2005, 7:11 pm
Forum Regular

sara-anthony3108 is a jewel in the roughsara-anthony3108 is a jewel in the roughsara-anthony3108 is a jewel in the roughsara-anthony3108 is a jewel in the roughsara-anthony3108 is a jewel in the rough

let me know what u need to know husband is a bricklayer we have passed tra just waiting for main application now ..
should be able to give u what u need sned me a pm if u wish ..
where r u heading

Old May 22nd 2005, 7:46 pm
Forum Regular

JAR123 has a brilliant futureJAR123 has a brilliant futureJAR123 has a brilliant futureJAR123 has a brilliant futureJAR123 has a brilliant futureJAR123 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by lee/jane
hello mate
i am a painter and decorator send me your email and i will send you my trades discription so you will have some idea what they want.
I hope you do not mind me asking info ,My husband is in the painting & decorating and we have just started to look at SIR visa route and would appreciate any info we live in Essex too and are interested how you have done it and any advice would be great
Old Jun 23rd 2005, 4:10 pm
Forum Regular

geary11 is a name known to allgeary11 is a name known to allgeary11 is a name known to allgeary11 is a name known to allgeary11 is a name known to allgeary11 is a name known to allgeary11 is a name known to allgeary11 is a name known to allgeary11 is a name known to allgeary11 is a name known to allgeary11 is a name known to all

Hello also a brickie with 15 years experience just sent off a book well it was nearly book detailing ever thing about how to lay a brick and work experience if you send me your email i will be happy to help as i was a bit green on every thing and now i class myself as a English teacher (LOL)you dont want to know, but now my book is been submitted to tra with the help of a agent.. Alway here to help a brickie

Jason
Old Jun 23rd 2005, 5:30 pm
Banned

pompeywill is a jewel in the roughpompeywill is a jewel in the roughpompeywill is a jewel in the roughpompeywill is a jewel in the roughpompeywill is a jewel in the rough

Also tell them in detail about what tools you use ie: discutters, block cutters, hammers, bolsters, drills, kangols, cement mixers etc.
Mention health and safety, say you were trained in this during your apprenticeship.
Generally make up some bullshit. (like I did)
Old Jun 23rd 2005, 5:32 pm
Banned

pompeywill is a jewel in the roughpompeywill is a jewel in the roughpompeywill is a jewel in the roughpompeywill is a jewel in the roughpompeywill is a jewel in the rough

Oh and another thing, mention that you can read plans, set up the jobs, pricing and estimating. They love all that.