Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Please forgive me - I need to have this rant

Please forgive me - I need to have this rant

Old Dec 3rd 2005, 2:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

kitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Please forgive me - I need to have this rant

Bloody neighbours dogs, in a pack of three, just ripped apart four of my chooks, in front of our eyes, before we could get there. Can't get the scene out of my head - my poor chooks, ripped to shreds and trying to drag themselves away. Hubby had to end it for them.
To add insult to devastation, I got the neighbour around there and then, who saw dead chooks and blood, their dogs, covered in mud and blood, she said 'sorry about that, never mind - I'll give you four of mine'. WTF!!!!
What does that say about their value of animals??
They have so many animals on one acre, all look in poor condition, often neglected, another neighbour called animal welfare earlier this week.
What's scary, is that when a pack of dogs have done this once, they will be back and it could be someones pet or kid.
Sorry about this rant. Love all my animals. On top of this just wish we could be successful in getting mums visa, then we could be back in Aus (not that packs of dogs don't rip chooks apart in Aus) just that waiting while living next to neighbours from ultra hell is agonizing.
Need Karma badly.
Can still fel adrenaline rushing.
Old Dec 3rd 2005, 2:14 pm

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Please forgive me - I need to have this rant

Originally Posted by kitty4
Bloody neighbours dogs, in a pack of three, just ripped apart four of my chooks, in front of our eyes, before we could get there. Can't get the scene out of my head - my poor chooks, ripped to shreds and trying to drag themselves away. Hubby had to end it for them.
To add insult to devastation, I got the neighbour around there and then, who saw dead chooks and blood, their dogs, covered in mud and blood, she said 'sorry about that, never mind - I'll give you four of mine'. WTF!!!!
They have so many animals on one acre, all look in poor condition, often neglected, another neighbour called animal welfare earlier this week.
What's scary, is that when a pack of dogs have done this once, they will be back and it could be someones pet or kid.
Sorry about this rant. Love all my animals. On top of this just wish we could be successful in getting mums visa, then we could be back in Aus (not that packs of dogs don't rip chooks apart in Aus) just that waiting while living next to neighbours from ultra hell is agonizing.
Need Karma badly.
Thats terrible hope your going to report the dogs??? I thought you were in Oz until I got to the bottom of your thread where abouts are you?

Get the ba****d reported
Old Dec 3rd 2005, 2:14 pm
Forum Regular

suzannepatricia has a brilliant futuresuzannepatricia has a brilliant futuresuzannepatricia has a brilliant futuresuzannepatricia has a brilliant futuresuzannepatricia has a brilliant futuresuzannepatricia has a brilliant futuresuzannepatricia has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by kitty4
Need Karma badly.
Can fully understand you being so upset. Some dog owners are so irresponsible it makes me sick. No such thing as a bad dog,bad owner. Report them to the police I say, people like that should be locked up. As I started to read it I thought immediately, could be a human being next time! Fingers crossed for you getting back to Aus asap.
Old Dec 3rd 2005, 2:20 pm

lucyb is an unknown quantity at this point

yes...REPORT THEM! That is terrible. I am so sorry for you and the poor chickens....bloody awful. Call the police!