Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Please advise STNI visa

Please advise STNI visa

Old Sep 4th 2004, 10:49 am
Just Joined

MCCHAN is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Please advise STNI visa

Hello.I am my husband to be are hoping to apply under STNI visa.Because he ( my BF is applicant)does not meet the pass mark but meet the pool mark and also his nominated occupation is on the shortage list of the states.

We have asked a agent for intial assessment and which made me confused because he advised me completely deffirent from what I have been thinking;

He said we do not meet the point for the Independent skilled ,so we do not appear to meet the requirements for this visa.then we can not apply any visa unless we obtain bonus point to reach pass mark.

My BF easily has pool mark but do not reach the pass mark.
and I mentioned the agent a few times we want to apply "STNI"visa.Becuase We know he does not meet the pass mark.

Or Am I misunderstanding?
Even though it says STNI visa is only need to meet "pass mark" and be nominated by state.The turth is you actaully "need to have pass mark" to grant this visa?

Please give me advise.
Old Sep 4th 2004, 11:04 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Please advise STNI visa

Either you misunderstood the agent or he is wrong.

You do not need the pass mark for the STNI visa if you have a state nomination - just the pool mark.

You need to meet all the basic requirements and health/character criteria as normal.

Jeremy

Originally Posted by MCCHAN
Hello.I am my husband to be are hoping to apply under STNI visa.Because he ( my BF is applicant)does not meet the pass mark but meet the pool mark and also his nominated occupation is on the shortage list of the states.

We have asked a agent for intial assessment and which made me confused because he advised me completely deffirent from what I have been thinking;

He said we do not meet the point for the Independent skilled ,so we do not appear to meet the requirements for this visa.then we can not apply any visa unless we obtain bonus point to reach pass mark.

My BF easily has pool mark but do not reach the pass mark.
and I mentioned the agent a few times we want to apply "STNI"visa.Becuase We know he does not meet the pass mark.

Or Am I misunderstanding?
Even though it says STNI visa is only need to meet "pass mark" and be nominated by state.The turth is you actaully "need to have pass mark" to grant this visa?

Please give me advise.
Old Sep 4th 2004, 11:12 am
Just Joined

MCCHAN is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Please advise STNI visa

Originally Posted by JAJ
Either you misunderstood the agent or he is wrong.

You do not need the pass mark for the STNI visa if you have a state nomination - just the pool mark.

You need to meet all the basic requirements and health/character criteria as normal.

Jeremy
Dear Jeremy

Thank you very much for your resopnse.