please advice

Old Feb 28th 2003, 12:39 pm
Just Joined

nagendra is an unknown quantity at this point
Default please advice

Dear Sir's

My sister was married to an Indian expat having permenent residence permit of Australia.she had filed the paper for immigration under spouse dependant catagory-sponsored.
Now she has received a letter from immigation asking for the proof in the form of letter written by the sponsor to my sister in the period between when both met each other and marriage.
The marriage having been conducted as per the traditional Indian cutoms,there was no gap when they met and the marriage took place.And there fore obviously there is no letter exchange.

In this case how should we proceed.What is the alternate.

Can she apply for a visit visa when her temrorary visa is in progress?

Any of you please help by advicing me in this regard.

Thanking you in advance
Nagendra
Old Feb 28th 2003, 11:40 pm
pankala

Default Re: please advice

Originally posted by nagendra
Dear Sir's

My sister was married to an Indian expat having permenent residence permit of Australia.she had filed the paper for immigration under spouse dependant catagory-sponsored.
Now she has received a letter from immigation asking for the proof in the form of letter written by the sponsor to my sister in the period between when both met each other and marriage.
The marriage having been conducted as per the traditional Indian cutoms,there was no gap when they met and the marriage took place.And there fore obviously there is no letter exchange.

In this case how should we proceed.What is the alternate.

Can she apply for a visit visa when her temrorary visa is in progress?

Any of you please help by advicing me in this regard.

Thanking you in advance
Nagendra
This is a tricky one.

The Aussie immigration people want LOTS of proof that the marriage is not a sham. Many people have entered into sham marriages as the only way to get permanent residence in Australia.

I am sure that the Australian immigration people know very well the Indian custom of arranged marriages and the high stability of most of those marriages. The burden of proof they require might be less or different than for other peoples. Perhaps signed declarations from the two families might help.

Two suggestions:
1. Ask the immigration people for advice.
2. Ask others who have been through the same thing.