Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Pleasant thoughts from everyone tonight....Please!!!

Pleasant thoughts from everyone tonight....Please!!!

Old Feb 24th 2005, 8:19 pm
Forum Regular

Wolves2stayup! will become famous soon enough
Default Pleasant thoughts from everyone tonight....Please!!!

After 4 months of what I can only politely call "Feeling a little unsettled" we might actually exchange contracts tomorrow. I won't bore you with the finer details, but basically the whole UK house buying system needs a complete overhaul by someone with a brain and a need for speed!!!

Anyway this is why I'm asking everyone that's anyone, I know you don't know us, but please go to bed and wake up with pleasant thoughts, because the more of us that might do, may be enough to make it actually happen. I am grovelling......this is not something I do easily, however, this is a needs must situation. So please...... and thank you!!!!!

A question though, on credit cards, for those of you who are lucky enough to be in Oz, we have a credit card, but can we take it with us to Oz and use it for an unlimited time, because we are not permanent residents of the UK???

Also does anyone know of any rented accomodation available for 2nd week in April in Perth, Rockingham??

Sleep well everyone and lots of positive thinking!! I realise that Oz is early in morning, maybe you could let know if I exchange contracts when you get up!

Sam
Old Feb 24th 2005, 8:50 pm
redlion

redlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pleasant thoughts from everyone tonight....Please!!!

Lots of good thoughts your way Sam, i sent some karma too for good measure. Good luck.

Nev.
Old Feb 24th 2005, 8:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Was Kent, UK...now Pacific Pines Gold Coast and loving it
sonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud of

Karma coming your way....house selling happy thoughts in process!!
Old Feb 24th 2005, 8:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

Alex Hall is just really niceAlex Hall is just really niceAlex Hall is just really niceAlex Hall is just really niceAlex Hall is just really niceAlex Hall is just really niceAlex Hall is just really niceAlex Hall is just really niceAlex Hall is just really niceAlex Hall is just really nice

Originally Posted by Wolves2stayup!
After 4 months of what I can only politely call "Feeling a little unsettled" we might actually exchange contracts tomorrow. I won't bore you with the finer details, but basically the whole UK house buying system needs a complete overhaul by someone with a brain and a need for speed!!!

Anyway this is why I'm asking everyone that's anyone, I know you don't know us, but please go to bed and wake up with pleasant thoughts, because the more of us that might do, may be enough to make it actually happen. I am grovelling......this is not something I do easily, however, this is a needs must situation. So please...... and thank you!!!!!

A question though, on credit cards, for those of you who are lucky enough to be in Oz, we have a credit card, but can we take it with us to Oz and use it for an unlimited time, because we are not permanent residents of the UK???

Also does anyone know of any rented accomodation available for 2nd week in April in Perth, Rockingham??

Sleep well everyone and lots of positive thinking!! I realise that Oz is early in morning, maybe you could let know if I exchange contracts when you get up!

Sam
Re: Credit cards, yes you can use your UK credit card in Oz, you may want to make sure your credit card provider knows you will be moving to Oz to make sure they allow the transactions through.

It is however not sensible to use the UK credit card in the long term as most credit card providers will charge you an extra 5-10% for foreign transactions based on them offering a worse exchange rate and a handling fee.

good luck!

Alex
Old Feb 24th 2005, 9:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

LIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond repute

Sending You Loads And Loads Of Positive Thoughts Your Way!!! :d
Old Feb 24th 2005, 9:56 pm
Forum Regular

Born2tri will become famous soon enoughBorn2tri will become famous soon enough

Hi,

Thinking postive and hope it all goes well for you.

Lisa
Old Feb 24th 2005, 10:00 pm
Forum Regular

of2oz is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Wolves2stayup!

Sam
Best of luck with the exchange
We are in a similar position and hope to exchange late next week, we fly out monday 7th to Melbourne. We are also taking credit card with us to tide us over until we are settled and have a bank account over there.
Good luck
Steve & Paula & Family
Old Feb 24th 2005, 10:02 pm
Forum Regular

sallybee has a spectacular aura aboutsallybee has a spectacular aura aboutsallybee has a spectacular aura about

Posting positive thoughts right now. Good luck.