A plea to all forumites

Old Jan 17th 2005, 9:18 am

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: A plea to all forumites

Worzel

Totally agree with you!
Old Jan 17th 2005, 11:02 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

I agree with the above sentiments and as long as the majority of us do these things it will make the forum better.

However, as we know there are always those who will give a misleading title to attract more responses to perhaps a mundane question, or to elicit responses from certain people, or for trolling or for whatever other reason.

Spelling mistakes in thread titles can't be changed later too! There have been countless emmigration, imigration, Sidney etc threads.

A little pet hate of mine while we're at it too - Aussies instead of Ozzies please.

OzTennis
Old Jan 21st 2005, 12:45 pm
Dismembered Bat

ProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to all

Originally Posted by OzTennis
A little pet hate of mine while we're at it too - Aussies instead of Ozzies please.

OzTennis
Ahem, if I may be so bold as to ask ... so, why, then, do you call yourself "OzTennis"?

PS to other posters: Just (belatedly) discovered karma I received for this thread. Thank you to all who donated. I'm so not used to it, I don't know what to say ... except 'thank you'!!

Attached Images  
Old Jan 21st 2005, 1:27 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

How can we speed it ?

Limit all posts to one liners ?
Ban thread contents and just have titles ?
Firewall block the BE website ?
Unplug our modems ?

Let's discuss the topic in depth.....Oh no, sorry, that would defeat the object
Old Jan 21st 2005, 1:36 pm
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by anya4oz
How about saying to you, very firmly, 'B*GGER OFF & GET A (NEW) LIFE'!!!? Does that help at all?

Best of luck with the emigration process - now GO DO IT!! (said in my strictest voice :scared: )

Cheers,
Anya.
I had lost track of this thread in the midst of all the other threads that are created daily (which proves my point really). The B*GGER OFF... bit must have helped as we finally sent our visa application off today.

P.S. Do I have to call you Mistress now?
Old Jan 21st 2005, 7:27 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by worzel
P.S. Do I have to call you Mistress now?
The rest of us do
Old Jan 21st 2005, 8:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

desperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to all

Originally Posted by PWBCSA
Not wishing to offend anyone, but on the subject of making threads easier reading could we please do without:-

WHOLE THREADS WRITTEN IN CAPITALS

Threads Where The First Letter Of Every Word Is A Capital

ntia thrds rtn n txt spk

threads written without punctuation and/or very long sentences

Cheers.
Anything else??
Old Jan 21st 2005, 9:31 pm

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute

People need to search rather than just starting up a new thread with the same question from yesterday.
Old Jan 21st 2005, 9:34 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by OzTennis
I agree with the above sentiments and as long as the majority of us do these things it will make the forum better.

However, as we know there are always those who will give a misleading title to attract more responses to perhaps a mundane question, or to elicit responses from certain people, or for trolling or for whatever other reason.

Spelling mistakes in thread titles can't be changed later too! There have been countless emmigration, imigration, Sidney etc threads.

OzTennis
Yes OzzieT.
Old Mar 29th 2005, 3:18 pm
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

Please give new threads as good a title as possible to indicate the content. No offence to anyone who has done it but threads like "Australia" and "Advice please" have to be read in case they are relevant but often aren't.
Having just got back from a long weekend in London I have spent the last 2 1/2 hours going through this forum since the last time I read it which meant going back to page 15. So I thought it might be a good moment to bump this advice to the top.
Old Mar 29th 2005, 3:23 pm
sme
......in the sand !

sme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond repute

Having just got back from a long weekend in London I have spent the last 2 1/2 hours going through this forum since the last time I read it which meant going back to page 15. So I thought it might be a good moment to bump this advice to the top.

Will do my best
Good idea..........I know exactly what you mean 'bout losing so much of your life on ex-pats ! I'm nearly about to lose a husband !
Gillian
Old Mar 29th 2005, 3:25 pm
Tupperware's #1 fan

JayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud of

The title says a plea to ALL forumites so I assumed I might be able to help being a forumite but it is just about a load of crap about how to title your thread.

God dont ya just wish people would put in the title exact details of what the thread is about
Old Mar 29th 2005, 3:54 pm
Forum Regular

Laurie1st is just really niceLaurie1st is just really niceLaurie1st is just really niceLaurie1st is just really niceLaurie1st is just really niceLaurie1st is just really niceLaurie1st is just really niceLaurie1st is just really niceLaurie1st is just really niceLaurie1st is just really niceLaurie1st is just really nice

I agree with everything Worzel said. I also agree with this:
Not wishing to offend anyone, but on the subject of making threads easier reading could we please do without:-

WHOLE THREADS WRITTEN IN CAPITALS

Threads Where The First Letter Of Every Word Is A Capital

ntia thrds rtn n txt spk

The thing that annoys me the most is when people double post topics. It's just silly to post in the Lifestyle forum, and then post exactly the same thing in the Immigration forum. Seems to be happening a lot lately though.
Old Mar 29th 2005, 8:59 pm
Is anyone listening

halflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nice

Cheers.
A bit on the damming side eh! Heaven help the dyslexics, so dont think that I will encourage my eldest to contribute, doesn't do spelling let only punctuation, got a good brain though.
Old Mar 29th 2005, 9:01 pm
Merlot

Slap me wrists

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.