Playstation 3's

Old Apr 23rd 2007, 12:04 am
BE Forum Addict

Australia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond repute
Default Playstation 3's

Hi

Can anyone tell me what region Australian PS3's are? I believe them to be region 4 but not sure?
Thinking of investing in one but don't want to be stuck with one that will play games but not blu ray dvd's once we get to Aus
Old Apr 23rd 2007, 12:27 am
BE Forum Addict

Teliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Playstation 3's

Originally Posted by Australia_bound?
Hi

Can anyone tell me what region Australian PS3's are? I believe them to be region 4 but not sure?
Thinking of investing in one but don't want to be stuck with one that will play games but not blu ray dvd's once we get to Aus
Region free for games but as far as blu rays go there are only 3 regions A, B and C. A is the whole of America, Japan and some asian countries (yay our PS3 is Japanese so will play American discs ), B is Europe, Australia, NZ, Middle East and some Africa and C is everyone else So you will be fine
Old Apr 23rd 2007, 12:39 pm
Forum Regular

jdt3000 has much to be proud ofjdt3000 has much to be proud ofjdt3000 has much to be proud ofjdt3000 has much to be proud ofjdt3000 has much to be proud ofjdt3000 has much to be proud ofjdt3000 has much to be proud ofjdt3000 has much to be proud ofjdt3000 has much to be proud ofjdt3000 has much to be proud ofjdt3000 has much to be proud of
Smile Re: Playstation 3's

Originally Posted by Australia_bound?
Hi

Games are region free (for the moment, however several developers have expressed an interest in having the games locked in future, so I would be wary of buying a UK system and importing), as for Blu-Rays, as previously mentioned there are 3 categories: A, B and C, see here for specific info on which geographical area each of the three categories supports:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blu-ray_Disc#Region_codes

If I were you I would wait at least until you're in Australia to buy the console, not only will you know for sure that all PS3 software and Blu-Ray discs you buy in Australia will work on the system, but also by the time you arrive the price may well have gone down. I'm personally waiting at least a year from the launch date to buy mine, mainly because of the price, but also for another reason...

The other reason is that it looks as though (currently) the PS3 will only support a small percentage of all the PS2 games that have been released to date, so if you are hoping to use old PS1 and PS2 games, you may be disappointed to find they do not work. However, Sony have confirmed that in future they will be releasing software and firmware updates for the PS3 that may or may not make more PS1/PS2 games work on the PS3...

Sorry for the essay, I have just studied getting a PS3 for quite some time now to use as a front room media centre (Blu-Ray, Games, Lounge Internet Access etc)...

Hope that helps (and that I haven't been too technical, I sometimes do that and confuse people by accident!)

Jamie
Old Apr 23rd 2007, 2:08 pm
mmmmmm duff

MarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of light

I've already bought a PS3. its great, I'm not fussed if the older games do not play, there are a good number of games out now to keep me busy, and there will be plenty more over the coming years.

B is Europe, Australia, NZ, Middle East and some Africa
So we shouldnt have too many problems with the movies.

I've taken the risk, but its up to you.....
Old Apr 23rd 2007, 6:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

Australia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jdt3000
Games are region free (for the moment, however several developers have expressed an interest in having the games locked in future, so I would be wary of buying a UK system and importing), as for Blu-Rays, as previously mentioned there are 3 categories: A, B and C, see here for specific info on which geographical area each of the three categories supports:

If I were you I would wait at least until you're in Australia to buy the console, not only will you know for sure that all PS3 software and Blu-Ray discs you buy in Australia will work on the system, but also by the time you arrive the price may well have gone down. I'm personally waiting at least a year from the launch date to buy mine, mainly because of the price, but also for another reason...

The other reason is that it looks as though (currently) the PS3 will only support a small percentage of all the PS2 games that have been released to date, so if you are hoping to use old PS1 and PS2 games, you may be disappointed to find they do not work. However, Sony have confirmed that in future they will be releasing software and firmware updates for the PS3 that may or may not make more PS1/PS2 games work on the PS3...

Sorry for the essay, I have just studied getting a PS3 for quite some time now to use as a front room media centre (Blu-Ray, Games, Lounge Internet Access etc)...

Hope that helps (and that I haven't been too technical, I sometimes do that and confuse people by accident!)

Jamie
Was looking at getting a Hong Kong PS3. Seems to be fully UK compatable and costs way less! Have lost total interest in PS2 so need to upgrade lol
Old Apr 23rd 2007, 6:11 pm
Lancs to central coast

simnmax has much to be proud ofsimnmax has much to be proud ofsimnmax has much to be proud ofsimnmax has much to be proud ofsimnmax has much to be proud ofsimnmax has much to be proud ofsimnmax has much to be proud ofsimnmax has much to be proud ofsimnmax has much to be proud ofsimnmax has much to be proud ofsimnmax has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by MarkMC
I've already bought a PS3. its great, I'm not fussed if the older games do not play, there are a good number of games out now to keep me busy, and there will be plenty more over the coming years.

has anyone played ps3online yet, we play xbox live & it's f*****g fantastic!!
Sim
Old Apr 23rd 2007, 7:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

s-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jdt3000

Jamie

Ey up Jamie,

Think you should delay the PS3 for a while as you obviously havent finished the first Splintercell and definately arn't ready for the HD Double Agent, just yet.........

OR you could just buy one and see how good it is! You will probably just bin your PS1 and PS2 games as they dont live up to the PS3.....

You only live once and all that (sorry i didn't go on as i didn't want to sound too technical and bore everyone! )

Only havin a laugh mate,

Ps. Simnmax the online gaming is stacks better than the 360, it's free and f**kin amazing!! I'm in a war in Call of Duty 3 everyones just killing each other its soooooooo funny! Give it a whirl

Si
Old Apr 23rd 2007, 7:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

s-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MarkMC

Old Apr 23rd 2007, 11:03 pm
Lancs to central coast

simnmax has much to be proud ofsimnmax has much to be proud ofsimnmax has much to be proud ofsimnmax has much to be proud ofsimnmax has much to be proud ofsimnmax has much to be proud ofsimnmax has much to be proud ofsimnmax has much to be proud ofsimnmax has much to be proud ofsimnmax has much to be proud ofsimnmax has much to be proud of

Ps. Simnmax the online gaming is stacks better than the 360, it's free and f**kin amazing!! I'm in a war in Call of Duty 3 everyones just killing each other its soooooooo funny! Give it a whirl

I wish I could, I've not got a ps3 yet I'm waiting till we move so I can get an HD tv while we wait for our container.)

Me & my son's Max 8 & Scott 19 play call of duty 3 on xbox live all the time, depending what time of day you play you can kill yanks, aussies, brits or all of europe who you can't understand.
how many players can you have online?, on xbox it's 24, have you found any glitches yet? where you can hide in unaccessable buildings & stuff?

Just been to buy a motorbike but the price went up by £500 & the 1st thing I thought was ( that's a ps3) so no deal.

Let me know your gamer ID & I'll join in when I get a ps3.

Cheers Sim
Old Apr 24th 2007, 7:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by simnmax

I wish I could, I've not got a ps3 yet I'm waiting till we move so I can get an HD tv while we wait for our container.)

Me & my son's Max 8 & Scott 19 play call of duty 3 on xbox live all the time, depending what time of day you play you can kill yanks, aussies, brits or all of europe who you can't understand.
how many players can you have online?, on xbox it's 24, have you found any glitches yet? where you can hide in unaccessable buildings & stuff?

Just been to buy a motorbike but the price went up by £500 & the 1st thing I thought was ( that's a ps3) so no deal.

Let me know your gamer ID & I'll join in when I get a ps3.

Cheers Sim

Hey mate,

This is my Mrs's ID on here, i dont usually post but she said i had a reply....

Its the same as xbox 24 players at one time, there's this one American dude and he finds me everytime!! My Id is MOONEY1, not found any problems yet and not been able to hide in any holes... Got a 360 too but didnt do online as thought it was a bit of a ripoff..

Me lookin for a bike too. want a CBR600F or 900. Mine got written off Easter monday, by a sad bastard in a Rover 214. ****er nearly killed me!!

Si Off to watch the rest of the match!