Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Playing Football (soccer) in Oz!

Wikiposts

Playing Football (soccer) in Oz!

Old Jun 16th 2005, 3:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

ScuntoBris will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Playing Football (soccer) in Oz!

Originally Posted by GrantP
Yeah, I've found this: http://www.brisbanemenssoccer.com.au...ldz8/index.asp

...which is a good sight, but I wondered if there was any forums, and anyone on here already playing in the Brisbane area??

Yes I do play, that site should give you a good indication of where teams are located and which divisions they are in. If you want a forum on Brisbane football then I would suggest www.trsconline.com.
Old Jun 16th 2005, 3:38 pm
Gwyllt

gogdownunder has much to be proud ofgogdownunder has much to be proud ofgogdownunder has much to be proud ofgogdownunder has much to be proud ofgogdownunder has much to be proud ofgogdownunder has much to be proud ofgogdownunder has much to be proud ofgogdownunder has much to be proud ofgogdownunder has much to be proud ofgogdownunder has much to be proud ofgogdownunder has much to be proud of

I've had this translated by a work mate! LOL

for those who don't know he basicall
y told me to 'go and play with my Nan!'
Grant, I'll explain later meit.....Wrecsam, eh

Rans, you left out a very important apostrophe....I think :scared:
Old Jun 16th 2005, 7:15 pm
Welsh Member!!

GrantP is just really niceGrantP is just really niceGrantP is just really niceGrantP is just really niceGrantP is just really niceGrantP is just really niceGrantP is just really niceGrantP is just really niceGrantP is just really nice

Originally Posted by gogdownunder
Grant, I'll explain later meit.....Wrecsam, eh

Rans, you left out a very important apostrophe....I think :scared:
Where abouts are you from??
Old Jun 16th 2005, 7:17 pm
Welsh Member!!

GrantP is just really niceGrantP is just really niceGrantP is just really niceGrantP is just really niceGrantP is just really niceGrantP is just really niceGrantP is just really niceGrantP is just really niceGrantP is just really nice

Originally Posted by S****oBris
Yes I do play, that site should give you a good indication of where teams are located and which divisions they are in. If you want a forum on Brisbane football then I would suggest www.trsconline.com.
Cheers mate! ....I'll go and check that one out!!.....
Old Jun 16th 2005, 8:41 pm

madsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Grant,

There are plenty of football teams about,hubby plays in 11 a side,training on a wed,match on a fri.

What area in Brisbane are you going too?

Donna.
Old Jun 16th 2005, 8:52 pm
Welsh Member!!

Originally Posted by madsad
Hi Grant,

There are plenty of football teams about,hubby plays in 11 a side,training on a wed,match on a fri.

What area in Brisbane are you going too?

Donna.
Hi Donna!

We're looking to move to the Forest Lake area, as my job is in Coopers Plains. I'm looking to play 11 a-side too! Which team does your husband play for?? ...and how old is he if you don't mind me asking?? I'm 28, so I was wondering at what age I would be looking at verterans teams???

Grant
Old Jun 16th 2005, 9:00 pm

madsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Donna!

We're looking to move to the Forest Lake area, as my job is in Coopers Plains. I'm looking to play 11 a-side too! Which team does your husband play for?? ...and how old is he if you don't mind me asking?? I'm 28, so I was wondering at what age I would be looking at verterans teams???

Grant

Vets teams are over 35's but i play for for an over 35's team and i'm 33!! just heading to the footy now actually. I play on the North Side of Brisbane but there will be plenty teams on the south side and the Gold Coast where you are near.

If i can be any further help please dont hesitate to contact me.

Malcolm
Old Jun 16th 2005, 11:00 pm
Welsh Member!!

Vets teams are over 35's but i play for for an over 35's team and i'm 33!! just heading to the footy now actually. I play on the North Side of Brisbane but there will be plenty teams on the south side and the Gold Coast where you are near.

Malcolm
Hi Malcolm!

Thanks for the info!!
I've been looking at http://www.brisbanemenssoccer.com.au...ldz8/index.asp

I'm a little confused with all these leagues they seems to have?? ...and you have to pay fee's to join the club and play??
I'm assuming the metro leagues are for the amatuer teams??

I don't know how the hell I'm going to start playing?? How did you get involved?

Sorry about all the questions!!

...oh, and good luck for tonight!! ...or should I say, I hope you won, by the time you read this!!

Grant
Old Jun 18th 2005, 10:56 pm
Welsh Member!!

Malcolm
How did you get on, on Friday Malcolm??
Old Jun 18th 2005, 11:14 pm

Hi Malcolm!

Thanks for the info!!
I've been looking at http://www.brisbanemenssoccer.com.au...ldz8/index.asp

I'm a little confused with all these leagues they seems to have?? ...and you have to pay fee's to join the club and play??
I'm assuming the metro leagues are for the amatuer teams??

I don't know how the hell I'm going to start playing?? How did you get involved?

Sorry about all the questions!!

...oh, and good luck for tonight!! ...or should I say, I hope you won, by the time you read this!!

Grant
Grant,

I just rocked up at my local club, started training and that was it!! i play in the over 35's commercial league, and on friday we got well & truly humped!! to cap it i hurt my knee again for about the 300th time.

Just find your local club and join in, failing that settle on the northside and come & join our team!!

Malcolm
Old Jun 18th 2005, 11:37 pm
Welsh Member!!

Grant,

I just rocked up at my local club, started training and that was it!! i play in the over 35's commercial league, and on friday we got well & truly humped!! to cap it i hurt my knee again for about the 300th time.

Just find your local club and join in, failing that settle on the northside and come & join our team!!

Malcolm

My job is on the South side, so I think we're going to have to settle down there somewhere!

I've noticed on many of the club sites that they charge some pretty high fee's, like a big joining fee and then a fee per game!!?? Do all the clubs charge these fees??
Old Jun 18th 2005, 11:39 pm
Welsh Member!!

Grant,

Malcolm

I think Brisbane force is the closest club to the area we're panning on living in, so I'll have to get in touch with them and see if they want another goalkeeper!!!
Old Jun 18th 2005, 11:45 pm

I think Brisbane force is the closest club to the area we're panning on living in, so I'll have to get in touch with them and see if they want another goalkeeper!!!

My jobs on the Southside, but i live on the Northside!!, the joining fee for my club is $ 110.00, you get club T Shirt etc. You then pay $ 6.00 a game which are the ref's fees.

Malcolm
Old Jun 19th 2005, 12:02 am
Welsh Member!!

My jobs on the Southside, but i live on the Northside!!, the joining fee for my club is $ 110.00, you get club T Shirt etc. You then pay $ 6.00 a game which are the ref's fees.

Malcolm
So you travel accross the city every morning?? .....how long does that take you??
Old Jun 19th 2005, 12:08 am

So you travel accross the city every morning?? .....how long does that take you??

it's only an hour mate!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.