British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Playing and coaching in Brisbane/Gold Coast (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/playing-coaching-brisbane-gold-coast-583893/)

jamie1978 Jan 13th 2009 8:48 am

Playing and coaching in Brisbane/Gold Coast

Me and my friend are arriving in Brisbane mid September. We both play semi professional football (Unibond North) and coach too (level 2). I have been in contact with several clubs but wanted to cover as many bases as possible by posting here to see if anyone knew of anyone who has any good contacts with clubs in either Brisbane or the Gold Coast (we are willing to move to either). I have my cv, references, pictures and match reports all at hand via email for anyone interested. I am 30, have a full time job, coach part time, including for MCFC in 2007/8, and play part time. Any reference asked for would be happily provided.

Thanks in anticipation.

Jamie

jamie1978 Jan 14th 2009 1:28 pm

Re: Playing and coaching in Brisbane/Gold Coast

Originally Posted by jamie1978 (Post 7160813)
Me and my friend are arriving in Brisbane mid September. We both play semi professional football (Unibond North) and coach too (level 2). I have been in contact with several clubs but wanted to cover as many bases as possible by posting here to see if anyone knew of anyone who has any good contacts with clubs in either Brisbane or the Gold Coast (we are willing to move to either). I have my cv, references, pictures and match reports all at hand via email for anyone interested. I am 30, have a full time job, coach part time, including for MCFC in 2007/8, and play part time. Any reference asked for would be happily provided.

Thanks in anticipation.

Jamie

Could you please post this thread minus the email add?

sdunx Jan 14th 2009 3:27 pm

Originally Posted by jamie1978 (Post 7160813)

Thanks in anticipation.

Jamie

My club when I lived in Brisbane was Slacks Creek Tigers (southside Daisy Hill area), they've just been promoted to the Premier. This club is run by English and lots of English lads there, Bob Ford is the Secetary and used to play for Nottm Forest (under Cloughie). They are always looking for players, give Bob a ring on 0488076009 and he'll explain the set up. Tell him Stu from Plymouth sent you - Cheers

jamie1978 Jan 15th 2009 7:41 am

Thanks for the information Stu, it's appreciated. Do you know an email address for the club so that I can fwd my playing and coaching CV to them? Are you still playing? What's the set up like ie crowds, standard, wages..?

jayr Jan 15th 2009 11:08 pm

Football Brisbane is the body oversseing err...football in Brisbane:

http://www.footballbrisbane.com.au/

sdunx Jan 16th 2009 9:17 am

Originally Posted by jamie1978 (Post 7170579)
Thanks for the information Stu, it's appreciated. Do you know an email address for the club so that I can fwd my playing and coaching CV to them? Are you still playing? What's the set up like ie crowds, standard, wages..?

I've pm'd you Bobs email address