Reload this Page >

Playford near Adelaide

Playford near Adelaide

Old May 10th 2007, 10:29 pm
Just Joined

daisyk is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Playford near Adelaide

Hi

We are moving to Adelaide later this year. Ideally need to live in northern suburbs for work. Does anyone know anything about suburb of Playford, specifically Daveron park. We are considering renting a house in this area. However, are there suburbs we should avoid and what areas are recommended? Are the southern suburbs considered "nicer" than northern suburbs?

Thank you.
Daisyk
Old May 10th 2007, 11:59 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Playford near Adelaide

Originally Posted by daisyk
Hi

We are moving to Adelaide later this year. Ideally need to live in northern suburbs for work. Does anyone know anything about suburb of Playford, specifically Daveron park. We are considering renting a house in this area. However, are there suburbs we should avoid and what areas are recommended? Are the southern suburbs considered "nicer" than northern suburbs?

Thank you.
Daisyk

My hubby has a mate who lives at Davoren Park, he thinks it great. I've not been to the suburb myself but it looks OK from driving past.

Only thing I don't like about these suburbs personally is that they are new estates which generally means the houses are really close together, there's not much in the way of a garden and the houses tend to be a bit more expensive than older established suburbs. But I know people who prefer them, so it's really about personal taste.

There's lots of nice places up here in the North, and no the southern suburbs are no 'nicer' than the Northern ones, they are just closer to the beach that's all. But if you're working in the North there really is no point in a hour to a hour and half commute every day when you can do visit the beach every weekend instead, it's really not that far but will save you loads of money in petrol.
Old May 11th 2007, 11:21 am
Just Joined

daisyk is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks. That sounds ok. It is great that you actually know the road!

Daisy
Old May 11th 2007, 11:50 am
BE Enthusiast

Gjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to behold

Davoren park is well known as one of the worst suburbs of the city. Do a google and most of the results are about crime!!
Old May 12th 2007, 11:45 pm
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by daisyk
Hi

Thank you.
Daisyk
Here you go , check this out
http://www.playford.sa.gov.au/site/page.cfm
.................mm
Old May 15th 2007, 1:22 am
Just Joined

Chris T is an unknown quantity at this point

Im currently working and temp living in Adelaide. Have been here for 2 months. From what i have been told (when i was looking to rent rather than sleeping in the campervan), is not to bother with the northern subs, as they are ruff. Have a look round at the southerns first if you can.

Chris
Old May 15th 2007, 1:23 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Chris T
Im currently working and temp living in Adelaide. Have been here for 2 months. From what i have been told (when i was looking to rent rather than sleeping in the campervan), is not to bother with the northern subs, as they are ruff. Have a look round at the southerns first if you can.

Chris

My advice, don't listen to what other people think. Take a look for yourself and make your own mind up
Old May 15th 2007, 3:02 am
BE Enthusiast

Vin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to behold

I lived in Elizabeth and Salisbury for 20 years before moving to Seaford Rise and ultimately Willunga. Davoren Park used to have a really bad reputation, I used to visit my friends who lived there and even they hated it. They did move eventually
Even so, there really are some nice suburbs in the north so it's better that you check yourselves
Old May 15th 2007, 10:42 am
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

Chris
Well chris stay away from Huntsfield hights, especially if you drive a commodore and Collanades Mall is a sh**t hole compared to Elizabeth Mall............... mm
Old May 15th 2007, 10:59 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by mr mover
Well chris stay away from Huntsfield hights, especially if you drive a commodore and Collanades Mall is a sh**t hole compared to Elizabeth Mall............... mm

I love Elizabeth Shopping Centre, you can get some real bargains there.
Old May 15th 2007, 11:01 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Wendy
I love Elizabeth Shopping Centre, you can get some real bargains there.
I go for the Japanese take away in the food Mall ............mm
Old May 16th 2007, 12:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

mattandjulia is just really nicemattandjulia is just really nicemattandjulia is just really nicemattandjulia is just really nicemattandjulia is just really nicemattandjulia is just really nicemattandjulia is just really nicemattandjulia is just really nicemattandjulia is just really nicemattandjulia is just really nicemattandjulia is just really nice

We rented a property in Smithfield Plains which is just around the corner when we first arrived in Oz(Aug 05). Whilst I would not like to live there ever again I can honestly say we never had a bit of trouble. Yes the area is very old and leaves a lot to be desired by. There are the odd house that has been kept upto but the mojority are very dirty. Take a look when you get here and see for your self before renting and I bet you don't give it a second look. If you want anymore info please pm me and I will give you my honest opinion as wouldn't want to be said that I am slating the place.

Julia.xx
Old May 16th 2007, 12:34 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by mattandjulia
We rented a property in Smithfield Plains which is just around the corner when we first arrived in Oz(Aug 05). Whilst I would not like to live there ever again I can honestly say we never had a bit of trouble. Yes the area is very old and leaves a lot to be desired by. There are the odd house that has been kept upto but the mojority are very dirty. Take a look when you get here and see for your self before renting and I bet you don't give it a second look. If you want anymore info please pm me and I will give you my honest opinion as wouldn't want to be said that I am slating the place.

Julia.xx

Just start the sentence with 'I'll probably get slated for this but......' and you'll be alright
Old May 16th 2007, 1:52 pm
Made it to the Other Side

Toon Williams the Second! is a name known to allToon Williams the Second! is a name known to allToon Williams the Second! is a name known to allToon Williams the Second! is a name known to allToon Williams the Second! is a name known to allToon Williams the Second! is a name known to allToon Williams the Second! is a name known to allToon Williams the Second! is a name known to allToon Williams the Second! is a name known to allToon Williams the Second! is a name known to allToon Williams the Second! is a name known to all

Chris
Chris

You are invited to come take a look at my house in the "ruff" northern suburb of Greenwith!!! We have extreamly HIGH standards and whilst I would agree with some of the areas that have been mentioned being "ruff" I wouldnt be so bold to state that the whole of the North of Adelaide is "ruff"!! Take it from your comment you have never actually been here!!

Sure Mr Motivator will back me up, being he has been here a couple of times to help move us in and to collect boxes!! Were you scared walking from the truck to our front door Mr M???

Infact we reside in a suburb which is next to Golden Grove which was voted Best Suburb in the World in 1998 (or 1999, sure Wendy will know!!).

My HUGE tip to you Chris, is get that Campervan out and take a drive around that way you will be able to make knowledgeable comments about areas rather than going on hearsay!!!
Old May 16th 2007, 9:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

mattandjulia is just really nicemattandjulia is just really nicemattandjulia is just really nicemattandjulia is just really nicemattandjulia is just really nicemattandjulia is just really nicemattandjulia is just really nicemattandjulia is just really nicemattandjulia is just really nicemattandjulia is just really nicemattandjulia is just really nice

Nothing wrong with Greenwith. Was going to live there myself at one point. Now live in Mawson Lakes just down the road.

Julia.xxx

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.