Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Playdates or play goups around manly

Playdates or play goups around manly

Old Feb 3rd 2008, 8:59 pm
Forum Regular

Gaz & Sue is a jewel in the roughGaz & Sue is a jewel in the roughGaz & Sue is a jewel in the roughGaz & Sue is a jewel in the rough
Default Playdates or play goups around manly

Hi everyone

We've just moved to Wakerley (near Manly) from North Lakes and wondered if anyone knows of any play groups that are operating around the area? Or, if anyone wouldn't mind us tagging along with any playdates that are already organised. I have a 3 yr old boy who loves playing with kids of all ages (and I wouldn't mind a chat with another adult).

Any info would be really appreciated.
Thanks
Sue
Old Feb 3rd 2008, 9:20 pm
Canuck/Aussie

comet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Playdates or play goups around manly

You could start by having a look at the Playground Queensland website.
http://www.playgroupaustralia.com.au...0CF64E50410B61

You just type in your post code and it will give you all the groups in your area. There's usually a fee each time you attend (about $3) and also a $30 yearly fee to playgroup Queensland. I've known about this for ages but have yet to go to one of them, so I can't answer any questions about it.

Also, there's a UK mom's group that meets up every two weeks or so. I think they've been running for a couple of years now. Here's a thread where it was discussed:
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...k+bayside+moms

You can send a PM to the person who started the thread, but I don't know how often she checks it. Or, you can PM me and I'll send you here email address so you can be added to their email list and get all the info on meets, etc.

I have a 4 year old daughter (just turned 4) who loves to play with other kids. I also have a 1.5 year old little boy. So if you ever feel like meeting up I'm sure that can be arranged I'm in Capalaba so not too far away, but not right next door either!
Old Feb 3rd 2008, 10:14 pm
Forum Regular

Gaz & Sue is a jewel in the roughGaz & Sue is a jewel in the roughGaz & Sue is a jewel in the roughGaz & Sue is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by comet555
You could start by having a look at the Playground Queensland website.
http://www.playgroupaustralia.com.au...0CF64E50410B61

You just type in your post code and it will give you all the groups in your area. There's usually a fee each time you attend (about $3) and also a $30 yearly fee to playgroup Queensland. I've known about this for ages but have yet to go to one of them, so I can't answer any questions about it.

Also, there's a UK mom's group that meets up every two weeks or so. I think they've been running for a couple of years now. Here's a thread where it was discussed:
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...k+bayside+moms

You can send a PM to the person who started the thread, but I don't know how often she checks it. Or, you can PM me and I'll send you here email address so you can be added to their email list and get all the info on meets, etc.

I have a 4 year old daughter (just turned 4) who loves to play with other kids. I also have a 1.5 year old little boy. So if you ever feel like meeting up I'm sure that can be arranged I'm in Capalaba so not too far away, but not right next door either!
Hi
Thanks a lot for the info - I've had a look on the playgroup australia website and found a few places I can go to. I will also try the thread info on here. Do you go to any playgroups near you? I usually go to the park with my little boy but it would be nice to actually meet with someone!!
Old Feb 3rd 2008, 10:18 pm
Canuck/Aussie

comet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Gaz & Sue
Hi
Thanks a lot for the info - I've had a look on the playgroup australia website and found a few places I can go to. I will also try the thread info on here. Do you go to any playgroups near you? I usually go to the park with my little boy but it would be nice to actually meet with someone!!
I hate to admit it but I've been incredibly lazy in regards to playgroups. So, no I haven't gone to any of them.

There's another member on here who also has a 3 year old boy. Sometimes we get together to have a chat and let the kids play. I'm sure I could host a get together if you're interested. Let me know if you're comfortable with that and when you're free. I'm generally home although my daughter is at pre-prep on Thursday and Friday. So Monday and Wednesday's are good for us.
Old Feb 3rd 2008, 10:30 pm
Forum Regular

I hate to admit it but I've been incredibly lazy in regards to playgroups. So, no I haven't gone to any of them.

There's another member on here who also has a 3 year old boy. Sometimes we get together to have a chat and let the kids play. I'm sure I could host a get together if you're interested. Let me know if you're comfortable with that and when you're free. I'm generally home although my daughter is at pre-prep on Thursday and Friday. So Monday and Wednesday's are good for us.
Yeah, that sounds great. Anything to keep my son occupied!!
I'm a stay at home mum too - although I'm not quite used to the idea. Any day is good for me, just let me know when and where.
Thanks again
Old Feb 3rd 2008, 10:37 pm
Canuck/Aussie

Originally Posted by Gaz & Sue
Yeah, that sounds great. Anything to keep my son occupied!!
I'm a stay at home mum too - although I'm not quite used to the idea. Any day is good for me, just let me know when and where.
Thanks again
Sounds like me! I actually like working but it doesn't make much sense right now with both kids at home. So, another year until my oldest goes to school and then maybe a part time job if I can find something I like.

I'm free Wednesday this week if that works for you. You're welcome to come to my house if you're comfortable with that, if not we can pick another place (someplace indoors). I'll mention it to my other friend and see if she can make it.

I could also try mention it to a few other people and see who's available, although a bunch of them work so don't know how many could make it. So it could be just us.

Anyway, let me know what you think.
Old Feb 4th 2008, 7:55 am
Forum Regular

Sounds like me! I actually like working but it doesn't make much sense right now with both kids at home. So, another year until my oldest goes to school and then maybe a part time job if I can find something I like.

I'm free Wednesday this week if that works for you. You're welcome to come to my house if you're comfortable with that, if not we can pick another place (someplace indoors). I'll mention it to my other friend and see if she can make it.

I could also try mention it to a few other people and see who's available, although a bunch of them work so don't know how many could make it. So it could be just us.

Anyway, let me know what you think.
Hi
I'll pm you about meeting.