Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

play groups for kids

play groups for kids

Old Sep 13th 2006, 4:28 am
NorthLakes, Brissy

wargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond repute
Default play groups for kids

Anybody in the Redcliffe area know of any play groups that i can take my youngest, who is 2 to, as I seem to be a bit stuck for things to do with her.

Also does anybody know of any clubs that I can take my 4 year old to (boy)?

Thanks

Karen
Old Sep 13th 2006, 5:33 am
BE Forum Addict

KatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: play groups for kids

Originally Posted by wargod
Anybody in the Redcliffe area know of any play groups that i can take my youngest, who is 2 to, as I seem to be a bit stuck for things to do with her.

Thanks

Karen
You could contact play group queensland. Their phone number is 3368 2622.
They will be able to tell you where your nearest play group is. From what they have told me there are different groups for different ages. The group I go to in Albany Creek is for kids from birth up to the age they start school.

HTH
Katie
Old Sep 13th 2006, 12:38 pm
Forum Regular

Mel n Daz is just really niceMel n Daz is just really niceMel n Daz is just really niceMel n Daz is just really niceMel n Daz is just really niceMel n Daz is just really niceMel n Daz is just really niceMel n Daz is just really niceMel n Daz is just really niceMel n Daz is just really niceMel n Daz is just really nice

Hi Karen,

Sorry i cannot help you, but would like to see the response to your post myself.

We have a 4 year old boy too and are hoping to settle in Redcliffe. Should be out there some time in October.

Melissa
Old Sep 13th 2006, 4:13 pm
Canuck/Aussie

comet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of light

I would take a look at this website as there may be groups for your area.

http://members.essentialbaby.com.au/...p?showforum=17

Hope that helps.

Haley
Old Oct 19th 2006, 3:46 am
Wanna-be Pommie B******s

Gaz&Rach is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by wargod

Thanks

Karen
Hi

Where abouts in Redcliffe are you? I was living on the Scarborough side of Redcliffe and I lived near a Scout Hut in a Park on Sportsground Street. This apparantly has a Playgroup that meets on a Monday morning. From memory I think it was on from 9.30am but I never went to it as I got a job and then we bought a house in Kippa-Ring. Not far away but just not right on my doorstop as it was before.

My son's 5 and goes to the ABC centre on Ashmole road. There are 2 next to each other, Riley goes to the one on the left which I beleive is much better than the other one staff-wise. He's been very happy there considering he's a klingy kid that doesn't like to be left anywhere away from me. He goes cos he has to though cos I work full-time now but my friend sends her 4 year old there just one day a week so she can go shopping in peace and he gets used to mixing with other kids.

Good Luck with it.

Rach
Old Oct 19th 2006, 11:19 pm
NorthLakes, Brissy

wargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gaz&Rach
Hi

Where abouts in Redcliffe are you? I was living on the Scarborough side of Redcliffe and I lived near a Scout Hut in a Park on Sportsground Street. This apparantly has a Playgroup that meets on a Monday morning. From memory I think it was on from 9.30am but I never went to it as I got a job and then we bought a house in Kippa-Ring. Not far away but just not right on my doorstop as it was before.

My son's 5 and goes to the ABC centre on Ashmole road. There are 2 next to each other, Riley goes to the one on the left which I beleive is much better than the other one staff-wise. He's been very happy there considering he's a klingy kid that doesn't like to be left anywhere away from me. He goes cos he has to though cos I work full-time now but my friend sends her 4 year old there just one day a week so she can go shopping in peace and he gets used to mixing with other kids.

Good Luck with it.

Rach
We are living at North Lakes at the moment, but dont mind travelling a bit !!

Cheers

Karen