Reload this Page >

plastering jobs in victoria?

plastering jobs in victoria?

Old Jan 5th 2009, 9:30 pm
Just Joined

laurad is an unknown quantity at this point
Default plastering jobs in victoria?

Hi all

Hoping for a little advice., have made the decision to move to aus, me a nurse other half a plaster. I kknow plastering is on the skills in demand list however when looking on the internet thousands of nursing jobs but 0 plastering. Are we looking in the wrong place??? we dont want to apply for jobs at this moment but its quite worrying as work is drying up here and want to be prepared if its the same in Aus.
Any info would be greatly recieved.
Old Jan 6th 2009, 7:35 pm
Forum Regular

zoeNpaul is just really nicezoeNpaul is just really nicezoeNpaul is just really nicezoeNpaul is just really nicezoeNpaul is just really nicezoeNpaul is just really nicezoeNpaul is just really nicezoeNpaul is just really nicezoeNpaul is just really nicezoeNpaul is just really nice
Default Re: plastering jobs in victoria?

Hi we have friends out in OZ he is a joiner same as my hubby our visa is being sponsored by the hospital i am going to work for in victoria (as a midwife) we were talking to them just a few weeks ago as my hubby is going out with no set job and to just find work anyway he was saying if you can do a dry wall course they are crying out for them here they also live in victoria but i am not sure where you could look, but hope this helps

Zoe
Old Jan 6th 2009, 10:20 pm
Just Joined

jellab is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi
Zoeand Paul,
Your friend where did they say all the plastering work was? In Victoria?
My OH is also a plasterer and we are just begining to get his skills regonised so we are just wondering where the most work is at the moment.
Thanks for your help in advance
Old Jan 6th 2009, 10:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

Dolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of light

Hi there

From what I can figure out a lot of the plastering here in victoria is tape and jointing. We had never come across it until we came here. In Ireland all houses are wet plastered, with a scratch coat and a skim coat. Here they all seem to tape and joint with plasterboard . Although they do render the outside of some houses. They don't seem to wet plaster the inside of houses here at all, just tape and joint and paint on top, although this is only from our experience. My OH is a carpenter and he says that seems to be the norm here.

Hope this helps.
Katie
Old Jan 6th 2009, 10:37 pm
Just Joined

Thanks Katie
Myself and my OH lived in the US for a few years where they also tape and joint with plasterboard so he has experience in that area too.
Thanks for the info. I just put a post up there with regards to plastering jobs in Aus, we were thinking of moving to Brisbane or Melbourne not 100% which one yet. Do you know if there is much plastering work in either of these states. I have searched a few of the websites listed but nothing much comes up.

Thanks
Regards,
Majella
Old Jan 6th 2009, 10:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

Dolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of light

Hi Majella

I can't really help you there. OH is a carpenter and there does seem to be quite a bit of work around. I know things are starting to slow down, but here in Melbourne they apparently still have a housing shortage. So hopefully that will keep things ticking along here. The talk of doom and gloom is not so bad here. The government are also funding a lot of infrastructure work to keep things going.

Katie
Old Jan 6th 2009, 10:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

I just realised you are in Dublin, so obviously you'd know how the houses are plastered there
Old Jan 7th 2009, 2:47 pm
Just Joined

laurad is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone
thanks for the info OH does taping and joining so has experience so hopefully there will be plenty of work when we get over there.
Old Jan 7th 2009, 8:53 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for your help Katie,

Regards,
Majella